PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Gold LINE FF-Pro Bindings

sempai
01-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Anyone have any that they would like to sell?

airdonut41
01-12-2008, 09:15 AM
2 Things.
Not to be picky but you do know that they're orange and not gold right?
Also, are the only boards you have spruces? Because you probably don't want to use FFPros with the Spruces... I don't mean to be condescending if that's a dumb comment and you know what you're doint.

Dan

sempai
01-12-2008, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by airdonut41
2 Things.
Not to be picky but you do know that they're orange and not gold right?
Also, are the only boards you have spruces? Because you probably don't want to use FFPros with the Spruces... I don't mean to be condescending if that's a dumb comment and you know what you're doint.

Dan

No, you aren't sounding condescending or picky. You are sounding like an asshole. I have had FF-Pros before, and I and several other people have referred to them as gold. Yes, some people say they are orange. WTF makes a difference, gold, orange, or bronze!! The color they appear to people is subjective. And another no, I'm not looking to put FF-Pros on my Spruces. I want a pair for a set of new boards that I'm looking to buy. I've been skiboarding for nine years now. I've owned and sold nearly a dozen pair of boards in that time, so I know a little about what I'm doing. I just happen to only have 120s right now.

sempai
01-12-2008, 09:59 AM
You know now that I think about it. When SBOL was selling FF-Pros either last year or prior, I think I remember them listing the color as gold. I could be wrong, but I can find several posts on here that refer to them as gold. I'm sure of that.

nate
01-12-2008, 10:14 AM
...woa

airdonut41
01-12-2008, 10:59 AM
Sorry dude, I didn't know you were so experienced. I was just trying to be helpful.

Dan

Manlenium
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by sempai
Anyone have any that they would like to sell?

They come in gold??? That would be a sweet combo.

sempai
01-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Manlenium
They come in gold??? That would be a sweet combo.

Gold, orange, whatever! Actually they are neither a true orange or a true gold. I'd say they are closer to the color of bronze. I've just mostly seen people refer to them as gold.

sempai
01-12-2008, 03:49 PM
Now we have to add mustard to the list of colors. Check out this post:

<i>Evolution of the FFPRO/Catek Binding</i>

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by akira523
FF pros are AS good as bombers or even better depending on your riding. and they are really shiny too as far as bindings go i think the line ff pros and bombers are the best. I posted the blue ones on one thread. those are hot. too bad those were only ones i ever saw in blue.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree, the FFPROs are bombproof, at least they have always been for me, and I get as tight a fit as possible, I make it so it takes some effort to click the toe hold in.

And it's funny, I used the <font color = "red"><u><b>mustard</u></b></font> colored FFPRO <font color = "blue"><u><b>(Catek calls them Gold)</b></u></font> with the ALPs, and it matches great and the Tanshos got the Blue FFPROs and I have to get some pics up of them. If you got the Tanshos, I recommend snagging a Blue FFPRO off ebay (even if it comes with a pair of beater boards). It just looks like the whole, sick package is meant to be.

Or bug Catek, maybe they have some FFPROs hanging around. Or the same thing without any branding on it. Heck Greco, how about an SBOL binding manufactured by Catek?

They do Black, Red, and Silver (is their standard) too. Not just Gold and Blue.

Catek probably made the 1st "FFaluminum" binding (no riser) and smaller footprint and thinner metal in black (very limited) then more in Red (you probably see those on Ebay sometimes), and then upgraded it to the Blue (probably to go with the Buggy Model), and then the <font color = "blue"><b><u>Gold FFPRO</u></b></font> that flooded the market when Line Abruptly bailed.

-Dan

nate
01-12-2008, 03:56 PM
We understand, it's all the same. Gold/Orange/Mustard. We're all on friends here, right :)

Mark
01-12-2008, 10:16 PM
mine are platinum. got all of you beat. now stop bickering over binding color. dan (airdonut) was just trying to be helpful.

I dont see any need to bit his head off. we're all friends here.

Courtney
01-12-2008, 10:24 PM
i'll sell you mine for 300.

Manlenium
01-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by nate
We understand, it's all the same. Gold/Orange/Mustard. We're all on friends here, right :)

We are not painting the walls here....:p

sempai
01-13-2008, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Courtney
i'll sell you mine for 300.

I'm sure you would.

NeverSummer
01-14-2008, 11:44 AM
Funny counter-comment above.

____Check=Mate____

sempai
01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm not looking for FF-Pros anymore. I've decided to no longer use non-releasables. It's just so much easier getting in and out of releasables. Plus I want the option to use the Spruce Powder Plate on all my boards. I just picked up a green pair of 120s, Powder Plate, and Pro Riser and bindings. Now I'm off to the competition to pick up another set of boards. I'm on a buying frenzy. :)