PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have any Icelantic Scouts for sale?

taimos
04-03-2008, 11:39 AM
If anyone does, tell me a price!

i live in the uk btw.

anaesthetic
04-04-2008, 03:47 AM
If you get any bring 'em to snowdome, I'd be intersted in trying some too.

jjue
04-04-2008, 10:04 AM
Not ready to sell mine yet , even though I have not used it much since the Sherpa came out :).... my Buddy who is a skier tried mine out a couple of weekends ago and really liked it and we were looking for a bargain for him .. this is the cheapest price I have found for a new board .. last year's model .. don't know what the shipping costs are but $329 is not a bad price ..

http://www.levelninesports.com/icelantic-scout-twin-tip-powder-skis-143cm-p-2106.html

slow
04-04-2008, 08:36 PM
Good find Jack. What binding would you recommend?

jjue
04-04-2008, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by slow
Good find Jack. What binding would you recommend?

The recommended alpine mount for these skis is at 7cm back from center ... El Slurpo ( Bill ) put in inserts for his Spruce riser at center and says riding center they feel more like skiboards...
A binding that allows some ability to move the binding forward and backwards might be useful .. like the Tyrolia railfex bindings.. I have ridden these with Fritschi backcountry /alpine
bindings at the recommended boot center 7cm back from center of ski and like it that way , but always use poles when riding these ..

( ps IMHO the Sherpa 130 with a powder plate is a way better and more versatile board .. can be ridden center mount like a skiboard or back like the recommended Scout position , you can ride the Sherpa like a skiboard or further back with poles like a twin tip , it actually has more surface area then the Scout , floats better with its 160 tip , is way more manuverable , and has a much tighter turn radius of 7m vs 15m which leads to a much cooler railed over carve ... .....)

slow
04-04-2008, 09:26 PM
As always, I appreciate your insights and recommendations Jack.