Conversation Between CrazyBoy-1 and Bluewing

3 Visitor Messages

1. Thanks for the response. Didn't see it until today. Like always it seems the season comes to a very quick end. I appreciate your offer and might just take you up on it next season. I did take a good look at those Japanes videos online - the one showing the guys carving was especially good. To me the technique looks much like my carving technique in snowboarding, but turned 90 degrees to the front.
  2. Unfortunately, there are no stores that rent skiboards, and resorts only have Snowblades or the like. The sport is so niche that proper gear is impossible to rent, and you won't be able to take lessons anywhere. Some people take skiing lessons, but I'm not a fan of that route. Skiboarding isn't skiing, and the techniques are different.

With this season pretty much over, there's not much you can do. If you'd like, I can lend you and your daughter boards from my collection. I'd be more than happy to meet up and give you some pointers to get riding. I don't know If you want to try to do that yet this season or wait til the next. Let me know, and I'll do my best to help out.
  3. I am interested in skiboarding and have been doing a bunch of research - just by chance I saw that you live in my area. I am an avid snowboarder and am looking at skiboarding as something new for me and also something for my daughter to try (she did not like snowboarding - too steep of a learning curve for her). I see on of your home mountains is Bear Creek - I just wrapped up my season there having hit it 24 times this year.

Any suggestions on the following:

1. Want to try skiboarding - any local shops (I live in the Collegeville area so not far from where you are) that rent them?

2. Any place to get a lesson? That is one thing I have not been able to find online - info on the techniques of skiboarding - turning, stopping, etc. A ton of info out there for snowboarding, but skiboarding info thin. Poked around this forum quite a bit, but didn't find the specifics I was looking for.

Any info you can provide would be appreciated.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3