Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1 Any riders in south-east England? 
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    11
    I would be good to be able to meet and learn from more experienced skiboarders.

    Even a trip to snowdomes at MK or HH would be good.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Hardcore Skiboarder valmorel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    uk
    Posts
    3,359
    Rep Power
    21
    Next trip to Xscape planned for Sun Jan 9th, begin skiing around 9.30/10.00 am You are welcome if you can make it ......
    Sticky Icky Icky (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Hardcore Skiboarder slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    60
    Posts
    3,455
    Rep Power
    20
    You are in luck. Valmorel is "the" skiboarding coach and has helped many of us improve.


    Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

    Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

    Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)


    Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

    Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    11
    THat is good to know. Not sure yet whether I'll be able to make the 9th though.
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

    '15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

    '14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots


    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by ysb33r View Post
    I would be good to be able to meet and learn from more experienced skiboarders.

    Even a trip to snowdomes at MK or HH would be good.
    This was the first thread I started on this forum. It was 8yrs ago and since then my skills just get better the whole time.

    I did managed to meet up with Dave & Steve early on and we spent many a morning at the Milton Keynes Xscape having fun and trying out new boards.

    I also managed to make it out to one Shredfest where I met a bunch of wonderful people.

    Those two things together have been the greatest influnce on my personal progression, especially given that I stepped onto skis for the first time in my life 9yrs ago.

    If there is one piece of advice I can dish out to newcomers from my meandering experience then it is to meet up with others . Try to attend one of the annual skiboarding events too if you can.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

    '15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

    '14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots


    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Ukuvox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Watertown, WI
    Age
    51
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by ysb33r View Post
    Those two things together have been the greatest influnce on my personal progression, especially given that I stepped onto skis for the first time in my life 9yrs ago.

    If there is one piece of advice I can dish out to newcomers from my meandering experience then it is to meet up with others . Try to attend one of the annual skiboarding events too if you can.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    This. This is what has inspired me to go to Colorado next month. I'd always assumed by your knowledgeable posts that you were one of the long timers who'd spent most of your life on the snow. To discover that you've been doing this only slightly longer than I have and to hear your secret to improvement has filled me with hope.
    Spruce 120's (we'll see how this goes)
    Trikke Skki
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,058
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukuvox View Post
    This. This is what has inspired me to go to Colorado next month. I'd always assumed by your knowledgeable posts that you were one of the long timers who'd spent most of your life on the snow. To discover that you've been doing this only slightly longer than I have and to hear your secret to improvement has filled me with hope.
    Good on you!

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

    '15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

    '14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots


    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Espaņol