!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

1. #1 Some Free Advice 
    TeamRVL8 | TeamRVL8 Asst. Manager Dave Bloom's Avatar
    In the mid-90s where the boom of skating first occurred, pushing it as the fastest growing sport in the world, two videos were released to give newcomers a better understanding of the sport, its culture, and how to do some of its more basic freestyle tricks. Some Free Advice, the first of these two, took a look at the culture of skating in NYC, specifically team FR, and brought the culture of skating to the world in a new light. No longer was it a bunch of tight, biker short wearing, boardwalk skaters doing ballet style maneuvers between cones. This was emulated in similarity to what freestyle ballet was to skiing at the time. Now, it had grown to become the sport of the urban world displaying its own underground culture. Quickly, the sport rose to mainstream popularity as kids all around the world were taking to the streets to grind rails, jump steps, and get their skates dirty on anything the presented itself as a useable feature.

I hope this video does the same for you as it did for many in the mid-90s as they entered the world of aggressive inline skating, or as it is now recognized as, freestyle rolling. Enjoy and good luck.

Last edited by Greco; 02-19-2011 at 09:22 PM.
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996

shit... i remember this one... first video i saw w/ the steuyvesant rail... crazy seeing that fucker in person, never knew it was that steep

TeamRVL8 | TeamRVL8 Asst. Manager Dave Bloom's Avatar
    It is a BEAST! Crazy knowing we skated right next to it a bunch of times this summer, right? Brings me back to my youth… I am still young
    I'm a snollerblader.

Go big or go home.

"Just keep on doin' it if you love it. If you don't, scram!" - Angel Soto, SFA, 1996