!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'll once again probably spend most of my time on RC's and KTP's. The Blunts intrigued me last year, and the XL version has done so again this year, but I can't justify the expenditure. My skiboarding budget will go toward lift tickets and travel. As for bindings, I will of course be on my custom Bomber step-ins.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

For park and hard pack KTP 11 with black receptor, for powder and variable conditions RC 12 with bomber elite 2.
    Boards:
    RVL8 2012 Rockered Condor 110cm
    RVL8 2011 Kirk Thompson Pro "KTP" 101cm
    RVL8 2012 Rumspringa "MaryJane" 103cm
    RVL8 2007 ALP 110cm

Bindings:
    Bomber Elite2
    RVL8 2014 Receptor "Black"
    Spruce Composite Riser

Boots:
    Nordica Ace of Spades 2013

Last season was my first on skiboards. The awesome spruce 120's brought me down the hills. I will definitely be on those again but picked up a pair of Revolt Trees to try out as well for this coming season. Cant wait! My daughter will be on Head 94's that we picked up from a nice fellow member from here.
    Just getting started in skiboards
    2013 Spruce 120 Chairlifts and risers
    Revel8 Revolt Trees and spruce risers
    Dalbello Axion 11 boots

Last year were my first on skiboards too... and i'm preparing a brand new binding for my soft boots : FLOW NX2-AT

I love the flow bindings for my snowboards, and this one have aluminium plate and is very stiff : perfect for my skiboards !
    I got some work to complete the hiback and i'm ready...
    Gear: Salomon Access 80/ Tyrollia release bindings / RVL*8 2014 Condor 110

Quote Originally Posted by Fred.Ride View Post
    Last year were my first on skiboards too... and i'm preparing a brand new binding for my soft boots : FLOW NX2-AT

I love the flow bindings for my snowboards, and this one have aluminium plate and is very stiff : perfect for my skiboards !
    I got some work to complete the hiback and i'm ready...
    Hi Fred.ride.. I actually also had high hopes for the Flow Nx2-At ... I actually converted that binding for skiboarding with a Saavi wing and third strap and SBOL riser ... unfortunately I had a catastrophic failure on a steep slope ... . there are lateral forces on the non buckle side ladder straps when carving aggressively on skibards, that aren't the same as with snowboarding , the stresses I think are aggravated with how there is a full pad on the top of the foot that increases upward and lateral pulling pressures on the non buckle side ladder straps and these forces are distributed better with traditional two strap binding. I had catastrophic pull out of the two bottom non buckle side ladder straps on the downhiill carving skiboard on a steep icy slope. Also if I made the straps tight like I like it my front foot got numb and uncomfortable with riding , never happended with traditional snowboard bindings .. .Although I really like the ease of entry ... I gave up on the Flow binding experiment and went back to traditional two strap snowboard bindings as base bindings...
    see this post ... https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=14988
    Boards :
    Blunt Xls -SBOL Modified GNU Rear Entry Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors- SBOL Modified Sims Cipher Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors - Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor Binding -
    Spliffs -Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor binding
    Spruce Osprey - Center Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Ambition AT binding
    Spruce Sherpa - Rear Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Fritschi AT binding

Boots:
    Ride Insano Snowboard Boots
    Full Tilt Booters

Quote Originally Posted by jjue View Post
    Hi Fred.ride.. I actually also had high hopes for the Flow Nx2-At ... I actually converted that binding for skiboarding with a Saavi wing and third strap and SBOL riser ... unfortunately I had a catastrophic failure on a steep slope ... . there are lateral forces on the non buckle side ladder straps when carving aggressively on skibards, that aren't the same as with snowboarding , the stresses I think are aggravated with how there is a full pad on the top of the foot that increases upward and lateral pulling pressures on the non buckle side ladder straps and these forces are distributed better with traditional two strap binding. I had catastrophic pull out of the two bottom non buckle side ladder straps on the downhiill carving skiboard on a steep icy slope. Also if I made the straps tight like I like it my front foot got numb and uncomfortable with riding , never happended with traditional snowboard bindings .. .Although I really like the ease of entry ... I gave up on the Flow binding experiment and went back to traditional two strap snowboard bindings as base bindings...
    see this post ... https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=14988
    Hi jjue, i have missed this information ! A flow binding on a snowboard have not this issue, i hope i can fix my boots correctly on these binding, because i love the step-in.
    With my first flow binding who is less stiff than this one, i feel that the boot is well fixed.
    When i will receive the binding i will look this in detail. (The old flow binding have a lock mechanism on each strap) This one is a bit different, i will look closer and let you know.
    Thanks for remembering me the thread !
    Gear: Salomon Access 80/ Tyrollia release bindings / RVL*8 2014 Condor 110

Hardcore Skiboarder
    I'm hoping to give the 2012 RC a go with 2015 Spruce Risers. My first Rockered board, this should be interesting. Mostly for Pow and After pow days (crud)

But my go to board for clean groomed days are my Slap dash with Bomber bindings.

I'm going to bed riding the 2015 RCs w/ Snowjam Bindings. Hopefully will be purchasing my Salomon Malamutes by the end of this week so I should be ready to go! Just need those RCs delivered. Only bad thing is since I'm waiting for them to arrive, I can't hit the slopes
    Riding: RVL8 '15 Rockered Condors
    Bindings: RVL8 '15 Black Receptors | Tyrolia Attack 13 Release Bindings
    Boots: Full Tilt '14 Booters - 27.5

Junior Skiboarder
    Hey everyone,
    Im on the market for a new pair of Skiboards and need some help. I have been Skiboarding for 2 years and have been riding summit nomad 99s, and last year tried the Spruce Sherpas which I liked but were a little to big for everyday. My nomads have taken a real beating and i'm in the market for new boards. Im 5'11" and 220 lbs and I cant decide what to go with. I am between the Rvl 8 KTP's and the Revolt. I live in NJ and mostly go to mountain creek and camelback PA, with a trip or two to Vermont. Can you guys help me decide on what I should go with or maybe even make a new suggestion.

Thanks

Blunt XL. The future is here . . .
    Sticky Icky Icky (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Quote Originally Posted by Cainnech View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Im on the market for a new pair of Skiboards and need some help. I have been Skiboarding for 2 years and have been riding summit nomad 99s, and last year tried the Spruce Sherpas which I liked but were a little to big for everyday. My nomads have taken a real beating and i'm in the market for new boards. Im 5'11" and 220 lbs and I cant decide what to go with. I am between the Rvl 8 KTP's and the Revolt. I live in NJ and mostly go to mountain creek and camelback PA, with a trip or two to Vermont. Can you guys help me decide on what I should go with or maybe even make a new suggestion.

Thanks
    There's a lot of riders in the southern PA region, you should be able to find someone that would let you try out some boards before you buy.

We could meet halfway if you wanted to try out some ALPs

Quote Originally Posted by Cainnech View Post
    Hey everyone,

Thanks
    Any recommendations depend (somewhat) on what you want to do/ride ..... Powder, Park, Cruising, a little of everything? Most guys are going with the Rockered RVL*8 boards (Blunts, Blunt XLs, or RCs) so you might want to consider those. I love my Revolts, they are a great 'do everything' board. I live in South Jersey and split time over the season at all the PA resorts. I would be happy to let you try anything in my quiver (see the signature below). Once the white stuff starts let me know. As ElkCloner says there are a bunch of Southern PA riders so there are plenty of guys to test gear with.

Quote Originally Posted by ElkCloner View Post
    There's a lot of riders in the southern PA region, you should be able to find someone that would let you try out some boards before you buy.....
    We really need a big Southern PA meet-up this year. I think we are in for a good season.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Hardcore Skiboarder
    This coming season I will be back on Summit Marauders, direct mounted with Vist bindings
    Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
    Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings

Quote Originally Posted by graeme View Post
    This coming season I will be back on Summit Marauders, direct mounted with Vist bindings
    Born under a wandering skiboard star?
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

'15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

'14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by ysb33r View Post
    Born under a wandering skiboard star?
    That's just a rumour
    Rockered Condors/Bomber Elite 2's
    Spruce 125LE's/Tyrolia attack 13 bindings