!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

View Poll Results: Which date(s) will work best for you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feb 22 & 23

4 44.44%
  • March 1 & 2

4 44.44%
  • March 8 & 9

2 22.22%
  • March 15 & 16

4 44.44%
  • March 22 & 23

2 22.22%
  • March 29 & 30

3 33.33%
  • April 5 & 6

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Is there room for one more? I never had the chance to ride with any of you but would like to join the meet. Feb 22,23rd would probably be best for me
    We're planning to return March 1 & 2. If that works for your schedule that'd be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    We're planning to return March 1 & 2. If that works for your schedule that'd be awesome.
    I will look into it and see if I can make this happen. Have any of you ever did a cabin rental or stay at the hostel area near the resort? Seems like it would be a better option and seems a little more economical in price. So it made me wonder if they weren't the best place to stay, making Houghton a better option
    "Like a bitch in heat, I seem to attract a coterie of policemen and sanitation officials!"

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I will look into it and see if I can make this happen. Have any of you ever did a cabin rental or stay at the hostel area near the resort? Seems like it would be a better option and seems a little more economical in price. So it made me wonder if they weren't the best place to stay, making Houghton a better option
    The Hostel yurt is kind of a mixed bag. Old Tyler and I stayed there Friday night for the first meet this year - it reeked of cheap weed and there was a couple having sex in the bunk next to ours. By sharing rooms it's actually cheaper to go a different route and you get to lodge with people you "know and trust". The nearby cabins are all full for the weekend in question, unless you mean the on-site cabins which are also _probably_ unavailable. Normally yurt #1 is booked for the group, but this wasn't planned enough in advance and the turnout wasn't high enough to make that an option.

The hostel yurts have the potential to get very loud and rowdy - especially on a Saturday night. If you can sleep through anything, it's probably a great option. Most of us prefer a more mellow pace in the evening after riding all day.

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by jake.newhouse View Post
    ElkCloner,

I would be willing to take those EMP's off your hands for the cost of shipping if that would be cool with you. How much are ya thinking? Or do you want to get an actual price first?
    ElkCloner, I don't know if my messages got to you or not about my address. I can't tell if they went through or not, but let me know if you were still going to be able to send those skiboards my way. Thanks!

6. #66 Just got a foot! 
    Happy to report that after a bit of a drought up here Bohemia just got a fresh foot of snow! I was starting to worry about coniditons being hard packed for the meet but we also have another predicted 2 feet coming for the Bete Grise area.

Nice! I had been watching the snow and was surprised that there hadn't been anything measurable since our last trip. Looking forward to some more freshness

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Sorry to hear that, Clark. Hope all goes well.
    The meatcutting has been completed albeit after a slight delay. No complications during the procedure, and so far so good regarding aftercare. My advice to anyone needing to be chopped open is to have as much robotic involvement as possible; much tinier and more precise incision(s) than human surgeons, and less trauma to surrounding tissues equates directly to less pain. As an added bonus it's generally more sterile as well.

Glad to hear things went smoothly, Clark. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Hey, just letting you guys know I'm officially out. I close on my house March 7th. Have fun!

Congrats on the house! We'll see you next year

Skiboarder
    Congrats on the house Maverick! Just a quick update from Madison. Bikeplatt and I will be heading north Friday morning. That is all the further we have officially gotten with our plans! I am debating on whether to stop at Granite Peaks and ski for half day there or just head up to Houghton and get there early and ski for free at Mont Ripley!! Either way, can't wait to get up there. Huge thanks to ElkCloner for hooking me up with some boards for the weekend. Hopefully they last the entire weekend!! Looking forward to meeting members of the group. See you soon!

Looks like we're going to have single digit weather. Below zero wind chills possible. Don't forget your layers!

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Unfortunately it has become an absolute certainty that I will not be able to make the trip. I hope you all have a great time and don't skimp on the gin and chocolate cake

Here's to hoping that the year passes fast - I have every intention of making 2015 meet(s)!

I hate to continue the trend, but I was unable to get my car fixed this weekend, so I have no way of getting up to Bohemia. Put my season pass to pretty good use this year. Oh well. Have fun!
    Boards: Condors, Chickens, EMP's, Original Revolts
    Bindings: Bombers, FF Pro
    Boots: Lange xt100
    portfolio