!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

View Poll Results: Which date(s) will work best for you?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Feb 22 & 23

4 44.44%
  • March 1 & 2

4 44.44%
  • March 8 & 9

2 22.22%
  • March 15 & 16

4 44.44%
  • March 22 & 23

2 22.22%
  • March 29 & 30

3 33.33%
  • April 5 & 6

3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    You in Scott? I'm down for a 5.3 if the season lasts.
    If the snow is still good, I'd be in. I'd also like to get up to Giants before the season ends.

Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    If the snow is still good, I'd be in. I'd also like to get up to Giants before the season ends.
    Once the lake isn't frozen solid Bohemia should get some more snow. Giants Ridge is open until the first weekend in April.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Depending on when 5.3 is I'd be interested in going - unfortunately I may have a more lucrative opportunity I simply can't pass up. The writing I recently published seems to be doing well which means I'll likely have to head out of state to do some schmoozing. An introvert's nightmare, most assuredly, but I'm told that it's important to establish connections if I'm interested in being successful. Here I thought a career in the creative field would be nonstop ski vacation in the winter and only actual obligations in the off season.

On a side note the complications from the initial surgery were fixed without much issue. It was nice to get back from the hospital to see that 5.2 was a good time for you guys - can't wait to see the pics/video!

Skiboarder
    How is the video coming along? Can't wait to see how horrible/dumb I look in action!!

Any chance there will be a 5.3? Ronnin and I would be interested in going.

I'm still seeing snow in the forecast for Lac La Belle, so I think we have a shot at some decent conditions for a 5.3 meet. We have George as a local contact who can let us know how things are looking, so this won't be a shot in the dark. Unfortunately, my weekends have started to fill up, so the next closest April weekend that I could go would be the 19th/20th. If we can make a call at least two weeks before that, I'd definitely be up for flying out again for another weekend in the der. The very first Midwest Meet was in soft spring conditions, and I really enjoyed it. If there are a few other people open to that weekend in April who can commit to the trip a couple weeks beforehand, then I'm in.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Heading up to the BoHo tomorrow to check things out, we've been in need of snow but looks like were gettin' it now! The rest of march looks like standard winter conditions with not much melting going on so hopefully we'll continually get snow. Last year we happened to get some late april storms so 4/20 could be amazing if any of that happens again. I don't have the files from Matt's camera but there are definitely some clips I want to stitch together.

RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    I probably won't be able to make a third trip happen this year after all. I've been having computer issues and had to reinstall my os so no video progress yet. Hopefully in the next coming weeks!

Well, I finally installed Go Pro studio, and this is the first result. Went for compact size so sorry for the quality. The conditions were pretty stellar, hoping for more so snow!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ade_1395426123

Nicely done, George. It looks like there's still plenty of snow out there.

I realized that April 19/20 is Easter, so that will not work for me as I thought. I will definitely have family stuff going on that weekend. Is anyone else still seriously interested in going next month? With Courtney out, I'll be looking to catch a ride with someone else to get to Bohemia from an airport out there.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Thanks Tim, it was a lot of fun that day so I had to put something out there to the interwebs! Man, the winter refuses to throw in the towel up here sometimes I wish I lived 800 miles to the south or anywhere I could go for a damn bike ride. Perhaps most people are moving on to more springy things. I'll be hitting up bohemia until the bitter end so anyone looking to come up will have at least 1 skiboarder to ride with.

My work schedule is back down to Monday through Wednesday. So I'm in for a 5.3. What about the weekend before Easter?[/SIZE]