!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

View Poll Results: Alternate dates: Which dates would work for you? (Choose all that apply)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • February 5 - 7

    6 60.00%
  • February 12 - 14

    7 70.00%
  • February 19 - 21

    6 60.00%
  • February 26 - 28

    6 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 187
  1. #106  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,108
    Rep Power
    19
    The sooner the better, no doubt.

    It looks like the poll won't let me see who voted for what so that's not super helpful.

    If we want to stay in Calumet it looks like our options are limited to February 12 - 14. I would think the Copperdog would complicate things, so we probably want to avoid the last weekend.

    If it came down to February 12 - 14, would that be a deal breaker for anyone?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #107  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Power
    8
    Here are the poll results including names:


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #108  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,108
    Rep Power
    19
    Thanks! Not sure why it didn't show up on Chrome

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #109  
    Hardcore Skiboarder adeehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chilton, WI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    15
    It's valentines weekend, but in reality, I've been married for 14 years, I think it's ok if I'm not home.

    I'd change my vote from the last weekend to the 12-14 weekend if I could.

    Tim and Brick are coming the furthest. Does it work for you guys?
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

    skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

    Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #110  
    Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Age
    38
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    6
    Is there still the option to keep it for the same weekend? I know we are getting down to the wire for people to make final plans. I am just wondering if we have officially called off the January weekend. Our lodging arrangement can be changed from the sounds of it, she just asked that I decide sooner than later before things do fill up. It sounds like we should be able to make a decision fairly soon. Thanks everyone. It sucks that we even have to talk about this for a weekend that is towards the end of January! Hopefully that never happens again!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #111  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,108
    Rep Power
    19
    Bohemia shared a 10 day forecast on Instagram projecting 24+" of snow. They said they need about 28" to open.

    We've been there for opening weekend before and the snow was a bit thin in some areas, especially by Sunday.

    If we don't push the date, there's always a chance that they're not able to open which would be a bummer, especially for Brick and Tim.

    I can go either way with it, just depends on how close we want to cut it!



    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #112  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ElkCloner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Power
    13
    I suppose it is a coin-toss any weekend we go. I can probably make any weekend work given enough notice.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #113  
    Hardcore Skiboarder CrazyBoy-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Narvon, PA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,324
    Rep Power
    16
    I have a commitment on the 13th, so that weekend won't work for me.

    I'm fine with not staying in Calumet. I know that's more convenient, but I'm fine with staying in Houghton.

    As far as postponing versus not, is there a backup location? I would be ok with hazarding the current date if there is something we can fall back on. If not, then I vote for moving the date.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #114  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,108
    Rep Power
    19
    Bohemia has a deal where we can ski free at the Porkies (1.5 hrs from Calumet). I don't recall the details - might just be a one day thing. Otherwise there's always Ripley in Houghton. Worst case scenario, I'm sure we could find something to do, it just wouldn't be as epic as Bohemia.

    Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #115  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ElkCloner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland
    Age
    30
    Posts
    1,989
    Rep Power
    13
    We could hike that ski flying hill and have our own competition.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #116  
    Hardcore Skiboarder CrazyBoy-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Narvon, PA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,324
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Bohemia has a deal where we can ski free at the Porkies (1.5 hrs from Calumet). I don't recall the details - might just be a one day thing. Otherwise there's always Ripley in Houghton. Worst case scenario, I'm sure we could find something to do, it just wouldn't be as epic as Bohemia.
    The Porkies looks about the same as Ripley. Ripley was run for an evening, but I don't know that I'd want to spend a weekend there.

    It looks like the last weekend of February works for the most people. If need be, I can make that work too. If the 12/13/14 weekend is the best option, go ahead with that. Much as I'd hate to miss the meet, I don't want to be the one throwing everyone else off. I can always catch up at the .2 meet.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #117  
    Hardcore Skiboarder adeehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chilton, WI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    15
    Snow in the forecast 8 of the next 10 days. Not sure if that'll be enough, but it's looking better.

    George how much snow is up there?

    If we need to move it I'll agree with Tim, the last weekend if others can't make the 2nd. There are rooms available at the Super 8 the last weekend in February.
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

    skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

    Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #118  
    Hardcore Skiboarder g.dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Calumet, MI
    Age
    34
    Posts
    270
    Rep Power
    7
    Well, a friend ran into Lonnie cross country skiing yesterday and according to him, if the current forecast holds true Lonnie will be opening Bohemia... no matter the conditions, and as soon as possible. One could expect early season conditions and the local bet that Bohemia could open on the 15th may be won yet. This actually has to happen first though:

    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #119  
    Hardcore Skiboarder CrazyBoy-1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Narvon, PA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,324
    Rep Power
    16
    Grrr, now I'm really torn. It would be the most convenient to just leave things as they are, but I feel like we have a better chance of good conditions going in February.

    Is there any snow on the mountain at all? 24 inches is a lot, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the terrain rideable at Bohemia.

    Maybe we should do a poll for postpone vs not.

    Or, we could get into the Lonnie tradition and have a survey with random questions that don't fit together.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #120  
    Hardcore Skiboarder adeehr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chilton, WI
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,659
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
    Grrr, now I'm really torn. It would be the most convenient to just leave things as they are, but I feel like we have a better chance of good conditions going in February.

    Is there any snow on the mountain at all? 24 inches is a lot, but I'm not sure if it's enough to make the terrain rideable at Bohemia.

    Maybe we should do a poll for postpone vs not.

    Or, we could get into the Lonnie tradition and have a survey with random questions that don't fit together.
    I'd too would love to leave it where it is, we played that game a few years ago and got opening weekend. I feel this may end up the same way. But if we need to be cautious and move it we can. The hotel only has a 24 hour cancel policy so I'm not nervous about that, but I get where Jake and John need to know sooner. At least with Tim's flights if he's on Southwest he can use the credit later if we cancel last minute.

    UGH! I'm at a loss here...
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

    skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

    Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Espaņol