Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Everyone was nice enough to cart me around last time, so I'm up for giving rides to anyone who needs one
    Me and the Mrs. would love to be chauffeured around. I take it that the SUV you're renting is either AWD or 4x4.

2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs
    2015 Spruce Sherpas
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys
    2013 Spruce Sherpas (2 pair)
    2012 RVL8 Rockered Condors

Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Attack 13s

Salomon X-Pro 80

2016/17 Season - 29 days on the mountain so far

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, Revolts, Spliffs

RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    That'd be ideal, but I wasn't able to choose. We'll see how it goes!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    Me and the Mrs. would love to be chauffeured around. I take it that the SUV you're renting is either AWD or 4x4.
    I call shotgun!
    Just these, nothing else !

Ok, I just booked the Extended Stay also. I figured I'd better get on it before all the rooms get snagged up. You guys already sold out all the king beds.

2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs
    2015 Spruce Sherpas

Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, Revolts, Spliffs

For those not getting the Super Pass for Westfest, Liftopia currently has one day lift tickets for Snowbird on Friday January 27th for just $59. They also have Solitude tickets for Saturday January 28th for $62.

Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    For those not getting the Super Pass for Westfest, Liftopia currently has one day lift tickets for Snowbird on Friday January 27th for just $59. They also have Solitude tickets for Saturday January 28th for $62.
    Ok - so why would we do a Super Pass instead of these deals? You can currently get a Monday 1/30 pass at Alta on Alta's website for only $86. . . So, as long as a Sunday lift ticket at Brighton is less than $121 (which it will be much less than that), then this is a better deal than a 4-day Super Pass for $328.

Do we need to do the SuperPass for flexibility in case the dates we will be at each resort changes, or are we locking those dates down? Even the bus only costs $4.50 one way and I don't suspect we would use that feature of the Super Pass more than one day if at all?

I don't mind buying the Super Pass (which will probably be about $35 more expensive) if we want flexibility to decide last minute which resort we ski each day. . . That's what I would do if I were going by myself. But if others are going to buy on Liftopia and lock down ski days, then maybe we should all take advantage of the lower prices?
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100, Rockered Condor 110
    Head - Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, Ethan Too 141 & 161
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia Power Rail w/ PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

I look into this every year and it is always a close call between the Super Pass and individual tickets. There are pros and cons to both. The Superpass by far gives you the most flexibility and convenience. Once you activate your pass on the first day you never have to fuss with ticket windows again. It also gives you the chance to change resorts if you want to. The first year Scott and I enjoyed the trees at Brighton so much we actually bailed on Snowbird and went back to Brighton instead. You also have to chance to reschedule the entire trip and not necessarily loose your money. The ski bus is included as well. I love convenience, so would get the Super Pass if it were just me doing all four days.

Liftopia is a much riskier proposition because it locks you in and is non refundable. Although the prices look a little cheaper, the slightest change in your plans can cost you a lot. Tracey and I have to get back to work, so we are not skiing Alta on Monday. Without the cost variance covering the more expensive resorts, it makes more sense for us to buy the days individually. We also have folks who may just join us for a day or two, so I was mainly putting up the prices for them.

I went with the super pass. It's awesome not waiting in long ticket lines on pow days

I look into this every year and it is always a close call between the Super Pass and individual tickets. There are pros and cons to both. The Superpass by far gives you the most flexibility and convenience. Once you activate your pass on the first day you never have to fuss with ticket windows again. It also gives you the chance to change resorts if you want to. The first year Scott and I enjoyed the trees at Brighton so much we actually bailed on Snowbird and went back to Brighton instead. You also have to chance to reschedule the entire trip and not necessarily loose your money. The ski bus is included as well. I love convenience, so would get the Super Pass if it were just me doing all four days.

Liftopia is a much riskier proposition because it locks you in and is non refundable. Although the prices look a little cheaper, the slightest change in your plans can cost you a lot. Tracey and I have to get back to work, so we are not skiing Alta on Monday. Without the cost variance covering the more expensive resorts, it makes more sense for us to buy the days individually. We also have folks who may just join us for a day or two, so I was mainly putting up the prices for them.
    That is a great overview. . . I'll stick with my plans to buy the Super Pass then. . . I like the flexibility also - especially after having skied the Cottonwoods last year and loving Brighton and Solitude so much! Maybe Scott and I will have to ski Brighton a second time on Monday!
    Boards / Skis
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Boots

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    I went with the super pass. It's awesome not waiting in long ticket lines on pow days
    Can you refill a previous years Super Pass (and never go to a ticket window), or do you have to get a new voucher each year and then only deal with lift lines at the first resort?
    Boards / Skis
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Bindings
    Boots

Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    Can you refill a previous years Super Pass (and never go to a ticket window), or do you have to get a new voucher each year and then only deal with lift lines at the first resort?
    Good question! If I recall correctly, the pass has the year printed on it so a new one is provided each year. Though this will only be my second year, so I might be totally off the mark

Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    That is a great overview. . . I'll stick with my plans to buy the Super Pass then. . . I like the flexibility also - especially after having skied the Cottonwoods last year and loving Brighton and Solitude so much! Maybe Scott and I will have to ski Brighton a second time on Monday!
    This year the Super Pass isn't as good a deal (cost wise) as it was the past couple of years. I was actually thinking that we (Angie and I) will go with Liftopia this time to save some bucks. I don't foresee changing up the schedule at all.

Tom, did you make it to Alta during your Utah visit last season? Alta is definitely worth hitting up. It has a very cool vibe, varying terrain, and is skier-only.

I'm 99.9% sure you can't reload the Super Pass from a previous year. Once activated they're only good for 14 days.

2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs
    2015 Spruce Sherpas

Salomon X-Pro 80

This year the Super Pass isn't as good a deal (cost wise) as it was the past couple of years. I was actually thinking that we (Angie and I) will go with Liftopia this time to save some bucks. I don't foresee changing up the schedule at all. Tom, did you make it to Alta during your Utah visit last season? Alta is definitely worth hitting up. It has a very cool vibe, varying terrain, and is skier-only.

I'm 99.9% sure you can't reload the Super Pass from a previous year. Once activated they're only good for 14 days.
    FYI, there are no deals on Liftopia for Brighton on Sunday, or Alta for Monday yet, but the first two days are covered. Most of the hotels do sell one day Super passes to guests. I think last year they were $70 ish. I'll call the Extebded Stay and see if they sell passes tomorrow.It is still early, so more deals may appear on Liftopia.

SO far this is how the schedule looks with Liftopia pricing.

Friday 27th Snowbird $59
    Satruday 28th Solitude $62
    Sunday 29th Brighton *No deal yet*
    Monday 30th Alta *No deal yet*

This year the Super Pass isn't as good a deal (cost wise) as it was the past couple of years. I was actually thinking that we (Angie and I) will go with Liftopia this time to save some bucks. I don't foresee changing up the schedule at all.

Tom, did you make it to Alta during your Utah visit last season? Alta is definitely worth hitting up. It has a very cool vibe, varying terrain, and is skier-only.

We did not make it to Alta last year, so I am looking forward to riding there. I just know that we enjoyed Brighton and Solitude a ton! And although Park City is nice, we enjoyed the Cottonwoods so much more (other than missing the ski-in ski-out condo we had right on Park City

Although, I shouldn't knock Park City too much - once we got away from the crowds on Friday and found Jupiter Bowl, we were in heaven! I just wish we had found that area 24 hours earlier. . .

Sempai - let me know what you and Angie finally decide on the tickets - Liftopia or Super Pass. . .
    Boards / Skis
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Bindings
    Boots

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Do tell more, please? If this deal is still on, it might change where I go skiing that week

Tracey and I booked our flights for Westfest today, love those $49 tickets through Southwest
    We were at Alta and Solitude this past April and I'm eager to get back there. Especially Alta. In my experience, a superpass on the day works fine, most hotels sell them day by day, this way you are not locked for a specific day on a specific resort. Though, it might be tough to ignore a great deal on a specific day even if it has to be locked-in well in advance...

April was warm, even though we had close to 2 feet of snow during our stay. We had absolutely no issues driving up the canyon with all-season tires on a front wheel drive rental car. But mid-winter it might be different, so winter tires on a 4x4 might be best... I did not like the idea of waiting for the shuttle buss, having your own car seemed a lot more convenient.