Thread: Armada Triple J

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    12m
    Interesting. For some reason, they "acted" bigger than that. Maybe in the odd, deep slushy conditions the extended tips/tails were hanging up a bit on turns and wanted to be ridden very flat, at least when making sharp turns at low speed. Regardless, they were consistent and predictable. These are intriguing to say the least. Did you think they were fast? Stable as these are, I imagine someone so inclined (which would not be me) could really cut loose.

Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    I think they can be very fast based on my few times riding them this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

3. #48 Armada Teiple J's in the trees 
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    I spent this afternoon riding the Triple J's in fresh powder through glades and some very tight trees. I was amazed at how well they performed in the trees compared to shorter skiboards - the huge rocker, short running length, and light swing weight actually allowed them to excel even in very tight spots. These are a real joy to ride!

I'm not saying that I wouldn't have preferred my BluntXL's or RC's in the real tight trees, but I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased with these.
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

SBOL Team III
    Thought I’d resurrect this since I ended up purchasing a pair of Triple Js and wanted to share a close contender (which I still may buy but not this season) for future viewers of this thread, the Romp Chunk. https://rompskis.com/product/chunk/

Romp offers a “Learn about Romp” thing on their website and you can get 20% off anything pretty easily. Coupled with the ability to tweak the ski a bit, it might be of interest in the Triple J, Ethan Too, SFB Shorty conversation

Quote Originally Posted by Toro View Post
    Thought I’d resurrect this since I ended up purchasing a pair of Triple Js
    It will be interesting to see how you get along with the 3J's Toro. I rode my pair several times this past season including a day at shredfest and have a bit of a (tardy) update. They're darn sure competent, but a bit awkward at times. The big, extended tips/tails don't really perform any function on hardpack but do add unnecessary mass and swing weight. Not overly significant, but it is noticeable. In soft/deep conditions, the giant extended tips/tails are a major plus for smoothing out irregularities, that part is cool, but when making tight turns in deeper conditions they can catch snow and impede turning. For folks who are comfortable going straight downhill fast that might be the berries, but for the more deliberate types (me)---not always great.

Everyone's different. In the softer more treacherous stuff (like we had a bit of at shredfest) I'm more comfortable on a nimble ride like the RC's, but I can imagine a bolder sort like Sempai or Macro really stroking with the JJJ's.

SBOL Team III
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    It will be interesting to see how you get along with the 3J's Toro.
    Yeah I’m excited to try them out. I reached out to Macro and he still had glowing things to say so that convinced me to pull the trigger. I’ll definitely report back once I’ve gotten them on snow.

One of the things I most appreciate about this forum is just the wealth of information about so many things skiing/skiboarding. There’s not much out there about the Triple Js yet here there’s a great thread and riding feedback from multiple people. I wouldn’t even have heard of let alone been thinking about Triple Js if not for this thread.