Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CKL View Post
    Some more lifts and perhaps a BIT of grooming wouldn't be all that unwelcomed, though. Maybe then I could bring up my friends who are terrified of the notion of sliding down a raw mountain :P
    This, in my opinion, is what will kill the "remote locale" we all love. If the mountain were to stay "raw" as you say I don't see much growth in the amount of tourism. If anything, I think it'll make staying on site a lot less troublesome.

I know a lot of the group are now fans of staying off site but I love it. It's super convenient and we seldom spend time out in public other than to eat anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    This, in my opinion, is what will kill the "remote locale" we all love. If the mountain were to stay "raw" as you say I don't see much growth in the amount of tourism. If anything, I think it'll make staying on site a lot less troublesome.

I know a lot of the group are now fans of staying off site but I love it. It's super convenient and we seldom spend time out in public other than to eat anyways.
    If they were to groom a couple of the front trails, it wouldn't be terrible, and I have to admit it probably would encourage more people to come out and try the mountain. Having said that, I do love the completely raw feel of mountain, and the open trails get tracked out pretty quickly, so people who are not as confident should be able to use them.

I'd still be all for staying on site, if it weren't for Lonnie's mandatory "package" deals with meals that aren't worth it. Keep you pancakes and "fajitas," and go back to just lodging, and I'd want to stay on site again. The ride-in/ride-out convenience was nice, especially when we had memebers of the group who were not feeling 100%. Not to mention, I kinda miss climbing up to put stickers on the skylight.
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBoy-1 View Post
    If they were to groom a couple of the front trails, it wouldn't be terrible, and I have to admit it probably would encourage more people to come out and try the mountain. Having said that, I do love the completely raw feel of mountain, and the open trails get tracked out pretty quickly, so people who are not as confident should be able to use them.
    I personally love sliding down a raw mountain - it's just that none of my friends in day-to-day life are interested in coming along with me up to Bohemia. At least, nobody who could actually stay upright and keep up. Speaking of keeping up, considering we'll have over a dozen people... are we going to break up the group so that we're not waiting absurdly long for everyone to catch up, and leaving half the people behind when the shuttles come around?

I'd still be all for staying on site, if it weren't for Lonnie's mandatory "package" deals with meals that aren't worth it. Keep you pancakes and "fajitas," and go back to just lodging, and I'd want to stay on site again. The ride-in/ride-out convenience was nice, especially when we had memebers of the group who were not feeling 100%. Not to mention, I kinda miss climbing up to put stickers on the skylight.
    Yeah, being able to wake up hung-over and get a couple extra hours of sleep without missing an entire day is a HUGE advantage to on-site lodging. Why don't we convince Lonnie to do a package deal for us without meals included? I mean, if we can GUARANTEE occupancy for a yurt or two a year in advance he really should be willing to cut some sort of deal. Who's our best haggler?
    Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Yeah, being able to wake up hung-over and get a couple extra hours of sleep without missing an entire day is a HUGE advantage to on-site lodging. Why don't we convince Lonnie to do a package deal for us without meals included? I mean, if we can GUARANTEE occupancy for a yurt or two a year in advance he really should be willing to cut some sort of deal. Who's our best haggler?
    Sorry Clark, that'll never happen. The cost benefit to him to have that yurt with meals included far exceeds the 'guarantee' of one yurt being booked in advance. He pays almost nothing for the food, as it's real basic stuff and cheap, and he charges a lot more than he used to, so he is making probably 10-15x (if not more) what the food costs just to charge us if we eat his meals or not. As a business man, even as dumb as he is, he knows that's a win for him and no way he's going to cut the potential for all that profit. Makes no sense.
    Currently hosting 210 reviews on over 85 different skiboarding related items written by riders for the riders.

skiboardreview.com the largest skiboarding review site on the net.

Follow Skiboardreview.com on Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by adeehr View Post
    Sorry Clark, that'll never happen. The cost benefit to him to have that yurt with meals included far exceeds the 'guarantee' of one yurt being booked in advance. He pays almost nothing for the food, as it's real basic stuff and cheap, and he charges a lot more than he used to, so he is making probably 10-15x (if not more) what the food costs just to charge us if we eat his meals or not. As a business man, even as dumb as he is, he knows that's a win for him and no way he's going to cut the potential for all that profit. Makes no sense.
    Plus they're always booked. We get ours guaranteed because we were booking in September every year. I've never seen lodging empty on the days we're there and not staying on site. We don't like the food because, well, we have taste and enjoyed cooking our own. But everyone else eats it and so like Adrew has said there's no reason for him to cut us a deal.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Oh well. Maybe we should just build an igloo in a secluded spot one of these years
    Signatures are the online equivalent of an elevator fart. Here's anther one for you: CUPCAKE!

Oh well. Maybe we should just build an igloo in a secluded spot one of these years
    Doesn't bother me I camped in two feet of snow last year in single digit temps.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    Doesn't bother me I camped in two feet of snow last year in single digit temps.
    Yeah! A fellow winter camper! One of my _FAVORITE_ yearly adventures growing up was spending December weekends in the Nicolet forest without one of those "cabins" the wimps used. Then I got into skiing, and suddenly I had better things to do with my days off of school in the winter.

Conditions 8 days out, sorry for the lack luster angels still working on getting the right mount. Music by yours truly.

RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Looking good! Can’t wait

No rocks or grass. It's gonna be great.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by g.dub View Post
    Conditions 8 days out, sorry for the lack luster angels still working on getting the right mount. Music by yours truly.
    Very cool. Coverage looks great! Has there been any melt & refreeze/freezing rain going on up there this month? That's literally all that's happening here in NE WI this winter :/

Insofar as "the right mount" I'll be bringing my accessory kit that's somewhere upwards of 100 pieces... it's actually two accessory kits. I numerous duplicate mounts & accessories. If there's anything I have two of that would work for ya you're welcome to have it.

Also, happen to have a soundcloud link to your music? I'd love to hear what your more intense tracks are like!

No rain so far. The Temps for this week are supposed to rise, hoping they don't get too high but low 30s looks likely. Hopefully we get dumped on each night. Could be great soft stuff with Sunlight. No SoundCloud, yet anyway. Here's the local headline from yesterday... priceless...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by g.dub View Post
    No rain so far. The Temps for this week are supposed to rise, hoping they don't get too high but low 30s looks likely. Hopefully we get dumped on each night. Could be great soft stuff with Sunlight. No SoundCloud, yet anyway. Here's the local headline from yesterday... priceless...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    YES!

I mean, not the upcoming warm temps... but the ridiculous amount of snow up there is promising!

Looks promising to me. I just wish I was in better shape for this weekend. I'm dreading the Bohemia Burn already.

Also, I can't find my cat shirt...
    RVL8 Condors - The Flex will be with me, always...until I break them

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming... "WOW! WHAT A RIDE!!"