1. #1 blunt or blunt xl for shorter rider 
    Junior Skiboarder
    Hi, I am new to the forum and want to start skiboarding. Stopped snowboarding a few years ago and took up snowscoot/bikeboarding which was a blast. I tried "fun ski" in Niseko, Japan a few year back and that was quite difficult. Not sure if it was due to the short narrow blade or cuz i never ski before.
    Anyway, i am looking at the blunt and blunt xl with snowboard boots and modified binding option. was hoping i can get advice on choosing between the two. I am 5'5' and 140lbs. some decent powder here in washington, and will hopefully be using it in Japan.

on a side note, would like to let my wife tried it also. She is 5' at 115.

Thanks.

Welcome.

The Bunts and XLs are very similar in design and ride characteristics, with the Blunts being a little more mobile and the XLs having more float. If you expect to ride them frequently in powder, I would go with the XLs. Your wife should be fine on them as well.

Do bear in mind that soft boots provide a very different riding experience than hard boots and also require a different approach as far as technique and tactics go. Are you choosing to go with snowboard boots just because you have them left over from your snowboarding days?
    Just these, nothing else !

Junior Skiboarder
    yeah, i still have all the gear, which i use with my snowscooter. will be on the look out for some xl for next season. thanks.