!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

We are open but because of the Santa Rosa, CA fires we cannot ship any orders for a few days. Thank you for your patience.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 24 of 24
  1. #16  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Just before the forum goes into hibernation, here are the dates for next year's skiboard festivals. Please note that these dates are tentative, and sometimes change based on conditions and attendance. These are all great events to make new friends, meet old ones, try new gear, hang with the pro riders, improve your skiing and experience amazing resorts and conditions. They are just plain old fun!

    Westfest
    Alta/Snowbird/Brighton/Solitude
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    January 25th through 28th 2018 (Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun)
    Contact @Bad Wolf @Sempai
    Four resorts in four days slaying the greatest snow on earth. Bring your flotation devices!
    Are these Westfest dates definitive? Moving to Thursday through Sunday format (opposed to this year's Friday through Monday)?
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100, Rockered Condor 110
    Spruce -
    Head - Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, Ethan Too 141 & 161, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia Power Rail w/ PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #17  
    SBOLTeam III Rider sempai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Reno, Nevada
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,616
    Rep Power
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    Are these Westfest dates definitive? Moving to Thursday through Sunday format (opposed to this year's Friday through Monday)?
    Yes. Any objections?

    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs
    2015 Spruce Sherpas
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys
    2013 Spruce Sherpas (2 pair)
    2012 RVL8 Rockered Condors


    Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Attack 13s


    Salomon X-Pro 80

    2016/17 Season - 32 days on the mountain

    Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, Revolts, Spliffs
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #18  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    Yes. Any objections?
    No objections here. Just doing some winter planning in June and taking a look at the options.

    I know Park City was discussed as a possibility. Is that off the table for the official Westfest days and just an add-on pre or post fest?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100, Rockered Condor 110
    Spruce -
    Head - Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, Ethan Too 141 & 161, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia Power Rail w/ PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #19  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    No objections here. Just doing some winter planning in June and taking a look at the options.

    I know Park City was discussed as a possibility. Is that off the table for the official Westfest days and just an add-on pre or post fest?
    Sempai and I have always tired to keep an open mind as far as resorts go for Westfest. In fact the original Westfest (Powdown) was held in Park City, but the cost was prohibitive and the conditions less than hoped for. Park City frequently comes up because many folks have the Epic Pass. Unfortunately if you don't have the Epic Pass, the Vail resorts become unreasonably expensive to include at a cost of over $130. We felt it's best just to stick to our original format, which is to use the Superpass and visit the four "Cottonwood" resorts of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. The cost averages out to just over $70 per day, which is tough to beat for four world class resorts. The Sandy area also offers HUGE savings for accommodations over Park City. We worked out that we were saving close to $500 per person when we based the event out of Sandy the second year. The other benefit is that the Cottonwoods get more snowfall than Park City due to to their elevation and exposure. This isn't an issue most seasons, but it a low snow year can be make or break for an event like ours. We did move the days from Friday through Monday to, Thursday through Sunday to make travelling easier.

    Obviously there is no reason folks with the Epic Passes can't add a day or two to enjoy Park City. Mrs Wolf and I often turn it into a week long ski vacation so we can use our Snowbasin benefits through the Powder Alliance.
    Just these, nothing else !

    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #20  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    915
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Sempai and I have always tired to keep an open mind as far as resorts go for Westfest. In fact the original Westfest (Powdown) was held in Park City, but the cost was prohibitive and the conditions less than hoped for. Park City frequently comes up because many folks have the Epic Pass. Unfortunately if you don't have the Epic Pass, the Vail resorts become unreasonably expensive to include at a cost of over $130. We felt it's best just to stick to our original format, which is to use the Superpass and visit the four "Cottonwood" resorts of Alta, Snowbird, Brighton and Solitude. The cost averages out to just over $70 per day, which is tough to beat for four world class resorts. The Sandy area also offers HUGE savings for accommodations over Park City. We worked out that we were saving close to $500 per person when we based the event out of Sandy the second year. The other benefit is that the Cottonwoods get more snowfall than Park City due to to their elevation and exposure. This isn't an issue most seasons, but it a low snow year can be make or break for an event like ours. We did move the days from Friday through Monday to, Thursday through Sunday to make travelling easier.

    Obviously there is no reason folks with the Epic Passes can't add a day or two to enjoy Park City. Mrs Wolf and I often turn it into a week long ski vacation so we can use our Snowbasin benefits through the Powder Alliance.
    It all makes sense to me - especially since I don't have an Epic pass

    I was just checking because I don't think there was ever any closure to this question on this thread: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16648
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100, Rockered Condor 110
    Spruce -
    Head - Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, Ethan Too 141 & 161, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia Power Rail w/ PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #21  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    53
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    It all makes sense to me - especially since I don't have an Epic pass

    I was just checking because I don't think there was ever any closure to this question on this thread: https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16648
    Neither do I, and I might have a family of 3 of us and that might add up real quick.
    Does having the Epic pass have benefits for people that live in California and don't normally travel outside of it? I have a Mammoth mountain calif4nia pass already , but not to sure that saves me anything outside of it's 4 resorts in California?
    I understand the company that bought Mammoth is also the ones that put out the epic pass ? Just wondering if I'll be able to add this pass to my pass ?
    I plan on going to the Shredfest ten too. Does that epic pass work on those mountains in Tahoe too ?
    Lots of planning ahead


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #22  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    Neither do I, and I might have a family of 3 of us and that might add up real quick.
    Does having the Epic pass have benefits for people that live in California and don't normally travel outside of it? I have a Mammoth mountain calif4nia pass already , but not to sure that saves me anything outside of it's 4 resorts in California?
    I understand the company that bought Mammoth is also the ones that put out the epic pass ? Just wondering if I'll be able to add this pass to my pass ?
    I plan on going to the Shredfest ten too. Does that epic pass work on those mountains in Tahoe too ?
    Lots of planning ahead
    Epic Ski Passes

    As you can see ^^ above ^^, there is a variety of Epic Passes available which offer different benefits depending where you live. You would have to work out where, and how often, you plan to ski to work out which pass is best value for you. Another option is the Mountain Collective Pass which includes coverage at Snowbird and Alta for Westfest and Squaw for Shredfest.


    Mountain Collective Pass
    Just these, nothing else !

    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #23  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    53
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Epic Ski Passes

    As you can see ^^ above ^^, there is a variety of Epic Passes available which offer different benefits depending where you live. You would have to work out where, and how often, you plan to ski to work out which pass is best value for you. Another option is the Mountain Collective Pass which includes coverage at Snowbird and Alta for Westfest and Squaw for Shredfest.


    Mountain Collective Pass
    Thanks for that info.
    I wonder why the Epic Pass in in £ instead of $


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #24  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,187
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    Thanks for that info.
    I wonder why the Epic Pass in in £ instead of $
    Oh funny, I didn't notice that. I'm visiting my parents in the UK right now, so I guess Google must have accessed the British version of the Epic web site!
    Just these, nothing else !

    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español

Skiboards Delivered
World Wide

Skiboards sent anywhere you are

Dedicated Sales & Support
Have questions about skiboards, bindings or anything related to skiboarding? Contact Us anytime.

Active Skiboard community!
Join the friendliest community on snow. You'll find over 2000 members and over 130,000 posts of skiboarding information!

Risk Free Shopping
Own your new SBOL product for 30 days with no risk! If you don't like it, you can return it to us (un-used) and we will refund you the product purchase price.

Safe Secure Online Shopping

Skiboardsonline.com takes your online safety & security seriously. We encrypt all connections which involve an exchange of personal information and are PCI DSS complaint.