Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16 Lol! 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Fedfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    SW Oregon
    Age
    54
    Posts
    183
    Rep Power
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    In the ciphering test, Jethro's abacus was no match for my trusty Texas Instruments calculator. The vittles-eating competition, though, didn't turn out so good. I just didn't have much of a taste for Granny's 'possum giblet stew. The way Jethro gobbled it down, I imagine he could give Kobayashi a run for his money.
    Yeah, it does seem like Granny's cooking would tip the scales in Jethro's favor. Kinda like competing in an international water-drinking competition and letting Team Mexico provide all the water.

    P.S. Do possum even have a giblet/s?
    171cm/190lbs
    Current Favorites:
    RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
    Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
    Other boards I'm trying:
    Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #17  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Is Tapatalk something exclusive to i-phone users? I'm a tech-resistant type and still use a conventional cell phone.....
    Tapatalk has apps for devices running IOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch etc.) and for devices running Android (Samsung phones, google tablets, etc.) So if you are looking to upgrade from your flip phone to a device that could support Tapatalk you need not get an iPhone, smartphones running Android would work too. If you want to stick with your flip phone you could get the Tapatalk experience on any tablet running IOS or Andriod. I do have Tapatalk on an iPhone but actually use it more on my tablet in the evenings "apres skiboard"
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "STS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #18  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    If you want to stick with your flip phone you could get the Tapatalk experience on any tablet running IOS or Andriod.
    Thanks Wookie. As you guessed, I'm still using a flip-phone which, believe it or not, is only a recent "upgrade" from a fondly-remembered Nokia unit which was lost (on one of Jack's challenges!) at shredfest a few years back.

    It's upsetting because I have a ton of pictures posted not only here but on a certain vintage farm tractor restoration forum. Apparently there's no shortcut way to do it other than starting from scratch with "flick'r" or whatever. Some things can't be described in text, so pictures are mandatory. Like Wyatt said to Doc in 'Tombstone', "I don't have the words..."

    So...what's the deal with Schenn? Locals here are generally happy with the deal and glad to be rid of Lehtera's toxic contract even at the stiff price of a first round pick.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #19  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    ...So...what's the deal with Schenn? Locals here are generally happy with the deal and glad to be rid of Lehtera's toxic contract even at the stiff price of a first round pick.
    Not to hijack the thread but it's the summer so here goes .... The Blues got a good player in Schenn. For the Flyers it was more about the draft picks than the players involved. They can handle the bad contract and they are banking on a change of scenery revitalizing Lehtera and returning him the form he had a few years ago and then holding it long enough so the Flyers can offload him. The trade really comes down to the tale of two teams at different stages in their development.

    I think your Blues (you may disagree) need 2-3 pieces to get to be a contender next season. Lehtera was a drag but Shenn will give them a reliable energy guy that will score points (especially on the 2nd power play line).

    For my Flyers it's a youth movement (younger than even Schenn). The Flyers will be a bunch of placeholders (like Lehtera) for much of next year while some really young guys make their way through college and the minors. They may be playoff team in two years and a long term power house in 3-4. By then Schenn would be worthless so it's worth taking a bad contract and getting the draft picks for value now. Plus Schenn was a cap hit for the next 3 seasons, Lehtera's contract is gone in 2 when they'll have to spend some cash to lock up these young prospects.

    For Flyers fans this is a new world. The Flyers have never been patient and have always preferred to spend money on big name free agents to build their teams (We signed a gimpy Chris Pronger ... that was bust). I think they are looking at teams like the Penguins and Caps to see how they built dominance around some key draft picks and fill in with role players rather than draft at the bottom and try to buy the star players. We'll see what happens. No matter how it works out it's still fun hockey.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "STS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #20 Aah! Ice Hockey! 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but it's the summer so here goes .... The Blues got a good player in Schenn. For the Flyers it was more about the draft picks than the players involved. They can handle the bad contract and they are banking on a change of scenery revitalizing Lehtera and returning him the form he had a few years ago and then holding it long enough so the Flyers can offload him. The trade really comes down to the tale of two teams at different stages in their development.

    I think your Blues (you may disagree) need 2-3 pieces to get to be a contender next season. Lehtera was a drag but Shenn will give them a reliable energy guy that will score points (especially on the 2nd power play line).

    For my Flyers it's a youth movement (younger than even Schenn). The Flyers will be a bunch of placeholders (like Lehtera) for much of next year while some really young guys make their way through college and the minors. They may be playoff team in two years and a long term power house in 3-4. By then Schenn would be worthless so it's worth taking a bad contract and getting the draft picks for value now. Plus Schenn was a cap hit for the next 3 seasons, Lehtera's contract is gone in 2 when they'll have to spend some cash to lock up these young prospects.

    For Flyers fans this is a new world. The Flyers have never been patient and have always preferred to spend money on big name free agents to build their teams (We signed a gimpy Chris Pronger ... that was bust). I think they are looking at teams like the Penguins and Caps to see how they built dominance around some key draft picks and fill in with role players rather than draft at the bottom and try to buy the star players. We'll see what happens. No matter how it works out it's still fun hockey.
    I had to read to the end of your post Wookie, before I finally realised that you and Bill had gone off-topic to discuss Ice Hockey. At first, I thought that you were talking about American Football.
    I suppose that a game played on ice isn't very far off-topic on a snow sport forum.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #21  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,250
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    I had to read to the end of your post Wookie, before I finally realised that you and Bill had gone off-topic to discuss Ice Hockey. At first, I thought that you were talking about American Football.
    I suppose that a game played on ice isn't very far off-topic on a snow sport forum.
    LOL. It's summer so we are allowed to be a bit off topic, right? And Bill and I have a special Class of 67 Ice Hockey bond (1967 was the year of the NHL expansion that gave Bill his beloved St Louis Blue and me the Philadelphia Flyers).

    Also, to clarify, there is Football and there is Soccer. Saying "American Football" is redundant. All "real" football is American .. he he!
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "STS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #22  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    LOL. It's summer so we are allowed to be a bit off topic, right? And Bill and I have a special Class of 67 Ice Hockey bond (1967 was the year of the NHL expansion that gave Bill his beloved St Louis Blue and me the Philadelphia Flyers).
    Gromit may or may not know this but there is, indeed, a pro hockey league in the UK. A distant relative of mine (Cam Janssen) played briefly for Nottingham a few years back. I don't know what it's called. I know y'all call soccer "football", but what name is given to ice hockey?

    It’s clearly stated in the Rules and Regulations that off topic rambling is permitted during the summer forum slack. When the traffic picks up, I promise to behave ;-)

    Back to hockey talk, when the Flyers had that favorable draw in the draft lottery, I thought about a certain jumbo-sized skiboarding goaltender who would undoubtedly be pleased ;-) With the exception of Edmonton, picks like that are scare as hen’s teeth and can’t be squandered. The Blues squandered one with Eric Johnson, but recovered (to a degree) by trading for Shattenkirk who morphed into the pick that morphed into…Brayden Schenn. If the Flyers have any luck, Nolan Patrick will be “Jonathan Towes” and not “Eric Johnson”. I wonder if it would be smart for Hextall to drum up some excuse and send Patrick back to juniors to delay the clock for a year? As I understand, the Flyers also have a big, high-ceiling defenseman in their system who is also close to being ready.

    Jori Lehtera started out like a house on fire centering a line with Tarasenko. A natural playmaker, for a time he looked like the next coming of Adam Oates, which resulted in the big contract. Lehtera is decent on faceoffs (when he doesn’t get tossed, which happens a lot), has good puckhandling skills and is responsible defensively. Unfortunately, lackluster skating limits his game---essentially a bottom six guy making top six money. By all accounts he’s likeable guy with a sharp sense of humor. I hope he does well with the Flyers.

    You’re correct, the Blues are a few pieces away from being a high-end contender as opposed to just a playoff team. They have a bunch of “guys” but desperately need a true top line center. Those guys don’t grow on trees. Maybe one of the prospects will step up in camp ;-)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #23 Ice Hockey in UK 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    636
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Gromit may or may not know this but there is, indeed, a pro hockey league in the UK. A distant relative of mine (Cam Janssen) played briefly for Nottingham a few years back. I don't know what it's called. I know y'all call soccer "football", but what name is given to ice hockey?
    Ice Hockey!

    Yes, I was aware that the UK has a professional league.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #24  
    Hardcore Skiboarder shortydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    59
    Posts
    849
    Rep Power
    8
    Photobucket has been sold a few times.
    https://techcrunch.com/2009/10/19/ph...ale-to-ontela/

    It appears the current owner is intentionally driving it into the ground and trying to squeeze every last nickel out of it before they pull the plug for good and take their massive tax write off.

    I just downloaded all my pics and then deleted them from PB. That was a horrible experience. The popup ads would make a porno site blush. There would be layers of ads without Close x's that kept covering up the various buttons you have to use. Sometimes I swear they had rollover popups when you approached a button to block you from getting there and trick you into inadvertently clicking on an ad.

    Bye Bye PhotoBucket, RIP.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #25  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,163
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Gromit may or may not know this but there is, indeed, a pro hockey league in the UK. A distant relative of mine (Cam Janssen) played briefly for Nottingham a few years back. I don't know what it's called. I know y'all call soccer "football", but what name is given to ice hockey?
    With National teams that win World and Olympic titles, over a thousand clubs with one hundred and seventy thousand participants, and a strong coaching program for kids, It's not surprising that when you say "hockey" in the UK, people think of Field Hockey and not Ice Hockey. And yes, it's played by grown up men, not just the girls of the Big Ten!
    Just these, nothing else !

    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #26  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    50
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    8
    Tapatalk has worke dquite well for posting photos although the later releases of the app have been annoying.

    I have also used Tumblr for many years to post the photos and then share them here.

    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

    '15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Tyrolia Ambition bindings (goto)
    '14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers (daughter)
    '13 Eman Uprise 104
    '11 Allz Elaila 94 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings


    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots


    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Espaņol

Skiboards Delivered
World Wide

Skiboards sent anywhere you are

Dedicated Sales & Support
Have questions about skiboards, bindings or anything related to skiboarding? Contact Us anytime.

Active Skiboard community!
Join the friendliest community on snow. You'll find over 2000 members and over 130,000 posts of skiboarding information!

Risk Free Shopping
Own your new SBOL product for 30 days with no risk! If you don't like it, you can return it to us (un-used) and we will refund you the product purchase price.

Safe Secure Online Shopping

Skiboardsonline.com takes your online safety & security seriously. We encrypt all connections which involve an exchange of personal information and are PCI DSS complaint.