Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1 Checking in on our Cali based SBOL brethren 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,309
    Rep Power
    10
    I notice d the SBOL internet storefront is shutdown due to evacuation of areas of Santa Rosa from wildfires. Hope the Greco family and all other California based SBOL forum members are safe.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "STS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Moderator / Hardcore Skiboarder Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    I notice d the SBOL internet storefront is shutdown due to evacuation of areas of Santa Rosa from wildfires. Hope the Greco family and all other California based SBOL forum members are safe.
    Thanks Wookie, it's been a tough few days. We evacuated in minutes around 1am on Monday morning and drove through flames on 101 (while people were driving the opposite way to get away from the flames).
    We have been staying with friends in San Francisco and trying to find out if our home / business made it. It was looking pretty grim for awhile, I was thinking it was more than likely everything was gone until we heard on Tuesday night that our house had just barely been spared. You can see by the picture it couldn't have been closer. We feel relieved, and so sad for our neighbors. Right now we're waiting to find out when we can return but it might be days or weeks. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and support. - Greco

    https://imgur.com/TKzYBlm

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

    Because Skiboarding Needs A Future Too!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    43
    Posts
    2,309
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    Thanks Wookie, it's been a tough few days. We evacuated in minutes around 1am on Monday morning and drove through flames on 101 (while people were driving the opposite way to get away from the flames).
    We have been staying with friends in San Francisco and trying to find out if our home / business made it. It was looking pretty grim for awhile, I was thinking it was more than likely everything was gone until we heard on Tuesday night that our house had just barely been spared. You can see by the picture it couldn't have been closer. We feel relieved, and so sad for our neighbors. Right now we're waiting to find out when we can return but it might be days or weeks. I'll keep you posted. Thank you for your thoughts, prayers and support. - Greco

    https://imgur.com/TKzYBlm

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    Glad to hear you are okay. Brutal stuff for your neighbors but hopefully they are safe too. Stuff can be replaced, people can’t.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "STS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Hardcore Skiboarder slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    58
    Posts
    3,398
    Rep Power
    17
    Yikes. Way too close. Glad you and the family are all ok.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

    Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

    Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)


    Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

    Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    948
    Rep Power
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    Stuff can be replaced, people can’t.
    Ditto.

    Glad to hear your family is safe!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100, Rockered Condor 110
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Caddy 131 & 151, Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Atomic - Access 151
    Armada - Triple J 155
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94 and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20 and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia Power Rail w/ PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Hardcore Skiboarder rickylink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    So. California / Mammoth Lakes CA
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    8
    Greco... best wishes from the Modlin family..

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    rickylink

    ~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt ~ Blunt XL
    ~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii ~ Spruce LE / Osprey ~ Bomber E2 Bindings ~ Full Tilt Boots
    ~ Your 1 ply guy



    Big or Small I Ride them All !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    53
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    1
    That’s a scary ordeal , glad you and many of your neighbors were lucky enough to have your house and life’s spared . And real sad for those that lost their homes.
    Always nice to know you have a good friend you can turn to that is there when needed.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    53
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    1
    Little something I saw , that I wanted to share.. scary but extremely lucky
    http://www.berkeleyside.com/2017/10/...tackle-blazes/


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Age
    58
    Posts
    1,502
    Rep Power
    13
    According to a news report, firefighters were counting on an interstate highway acting as a firebreak, but the fire jumped all four lanes including the median. That’s hard to imagine, but evidently it’s that bad. Here in the relatively moist mid-west, we read about wildfires in the arid west constantly, it seems, but there’s no question this one is in a different and much more serious category.

    It’s good to see that the SBOL store is (at least partially) back up and going. Hopefully the Greco family and all our friends in that part of the country are safe and sound.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Ukuvox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Watertown, WI
    Age
    50
    Posts
    138
    Rep Power
    4
    I'm glad to hear that your livelihood/labor of love (SBOL) is still with us but, more importantly, it's good that you and your family are safe and relatively unscathed.
    Spruce 120's (we'll see how this goes)
    Trikke Skki
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Moderator / Hardcore Skiboarder Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    N. California
    Posts
    6,920
    Rep Power
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    According to a news report, firefighters were counting on an interstate highway acting as a firebreak, but the fire jumped all four lanes including the median. That’s hard to imagine, but evidently it’s that bad. Here in the relatively moist mid-west, we read about wildfires in the arid west constantly, it seems, but there’s no question this one is in a different and much more serious category.

    It’s good to see that the SBOL store is (at least partially) back up and going. Hopefully the Greco family and all our friends in that part of the country are safe and sound.
    Thank you everyone. We were incredibly lucky to be safe and still have a home. And you're exactly right Bill, except the highway was 6 lanes with 4 shoulders and a cement median. We drove through the fire as it was crossing. These headlines from our local paper sum up the week https://i.redd.it/gbdy49161asz.jpg


    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

    Because Skiboarding Needs A Future Too!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    53
    Posts
    116
    Rep Power
    1
    I hope your able to return to a normal way of life



    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
    Age
    19
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Ah, you were blessed. That's legitimately way too close to home based on your picture.

    Also, that fire must of been a beast to basically hop across a whole highway.

    Hopefully life will return to normal like a beast too ;P
    Your future nurse on snow :P
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Espaņol