!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 26th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings or Spruce Pro Sport bindings CAN be filled during this period.
  1. #1 The ski rack conundrum 
    Alright folks, this might be the “stupid question of the day”, but I’m going to throw it out there anyway. When you’re at a resort, what’s your preferred method of placing your boards in the ski rack? They clearly can’t just lean into a slot like traditional skis or snowboards. I end up laying them out across the top, folding my softboot bindings up as much as possible to limit the space I’m taking up. Is there a better method? One that doesn’t receive the “evil eye” from the more conformist population at the resorts?

You can usually lean and lock them up against the leg(s) of the ski rack.

Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Skis:
    2015 Blizzard Regulators
    w/Rossignol Axial3 120s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    You can usually lean and lock them up against the leg(s) of the ski rack.
    Yup instead of using the normal slots on the ski rack (which are typically too tall for skiboards) I lean my boards up against the legs on the end of the ski rack. With soft boot bindings this would be a spot where you wouldn't have skis on the left and right of your boards and be worried about taking up space. When I am riding boards without breaks I use a small velcro strap to hold this skiboard base-to-base or wrap the leashes around them to hold them together.

I don't have any at my local resorts but when we ski out West most mountains have low racks for kids skis. If those are available that's where my boards go. Frankly I find that little kids are more courteous with their skis than the average adult on rentals.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    I don't have any at my local resorts but when we ski out West most mountains have low racks for kids skis. If those are available that's where my boards go.
    Someone needs to post the picture of the kid's ski rack at Solitude during Westfest 2017 where we took over the entire rack with skiboards

I can't find the picture anywhere in my stuff.
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    Someone needs to post the picture of the kid's ski rack at Solitude during Westfest 2017 where we took over the entire rack with skiboards

I can't find the picture anywhere in my stuff.
    Bingo! The correct answer is to find an adorable little ski rack and displace the children

Wow, kids ride fat little skis these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Bingo! The correct answer is to find an adorable little ski rack and displace the children

Wow, kids ride fat little skis these days.
    Awesome, this scene would blow my mind if it happened at a hill I was skiing and I didn't know other skiboarders were there. I always forget where I left my gear but depend on it being the only pair of skiboards on the hill. I just walk out and stumble around until I find some skiboards and grab them. All those SIIs would have messed my brain up, I would not know which one to grab.
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Skiboarder
    I usually just make do with the crossbars off the rack. My main hill this year has wooden racks built from 2x4s, so it works well enough. Metal racks tend to be a little more precarious. Usually when I come back out from the lodge, some wanker long-planker has covered them up, and I have to go digging to extract them.

Can't match that rack, but this is the whole quiver last year. I was corrupting the youth with them.
    CONFORMITY IS FOR COWARDS

8. #8 The ski rack conundrum 
    my group will use a car, if we have to
    Or if we just do the drop off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Dgodshall17 View Post
    Alright folks, this might be the “stupid question of the day”, but I’m going to throw it out there anyway. When you’re at a resort, what’s your preferred method of placing your boards in the ski rack? They clearly can’t just lean into a slot like traditional skis or snowboards. I end up laying them out across the top, folding my softboot bindings up as much as possible to limit the space I’m taking up. Is there a better method? One that doesn’t receive the “evil eye” from the more conformist population at the resorts?
    I always try the end of the rack, placing them on the inside of the cross bars. Securing them with a ski lock.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    99 Salomon Skiblades
    02 Line Fly
    10 Head Salamander
    12 Head Hot Rod 94s'
    15 Blunt XL