1. #1 Boarding in "walk" mode? 
    Skiboarder
    okay, so I know that walk mode adds a little flex to the boot which allows to be a little more upright while going down the hill. Ski mode is locked with a little forward tilt to the boot. What is the preference here? Advantages/Disadvantages between one or the other? I'm going to try both tonight, just looking for opinions.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhoffman View Post
    okay, so I know that walk mode adds a little flex to the boot which allows to be a little more upright while going down the hill. Ski mode is locked with a little forward tilt to the boot. What is the preference here? Advantages/Disadvantages between one or the other? I'm going to try both tonight, just looking for opinions.
    Depends on the boots. Some have a "walk" mode where it just softens the flex, so you could ride them that way. Others have a "walk" mode where the flex is almost completely gone, so you probably would not have a good experience. Pull out the liner of your boots and see how it works, then give it a try if so inclined. I don't use "walk" mode on my boots as they have a separate adjustment lever for soft and hard flex.

Skiing with my boots in WALK mode introduces more play and inconsistency in my skis. Whenever I feel like I'm expectantly hitting ruts and mounds, checking my walk levers is the first thing I look at. If you busted a buckle or two on your boots, you'd get about the same performance change as leaving the in WALK.

If the Walk pivot point is in the sole instead of the ankle, the extra sole flex in walk mode could lead to an early release.

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by shortydude View Post
    Skiing with my boots in WALK mode introduces more play and inconsistency in my skis. Whenever I feel like I'm expectantly hitting ruts and mounds, checking my walk levers is the first thing I look at. If you busted a buckle or two on your boots, you'd get about the same performance change as leaving the in WALK.

If the Walk pivot point is in the sole instead of the ankle, the extra sole flex in walk mode could lead to an early release.
    Thanks guys. I will be leaving them in walk mode for sure then. I def. do not need more flex and inconsistently. I'm looking forward to getting back into this sport again.

5. #5 Boarding in "walk" mode? 
    I just bought a new pair of Dalbello’s with a ski/walk mode.

They are already a pretty soft flex at 100. Using the walk mode was very inconsistent as mentioned above. Both boots ended up having different degrees and I found it difficult to manage. Flipping them back into ski mode eliminated this inconsistency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate to admit it but................more than once I have accidentally left my boots in walk mode and then skied all day without realizing it. To be fair, I do ride my skiboards pretty centered, so without the forward pressure, it was hard to tell. Plus I've spent a lot of time in soft boot set ups, so maybe "loose" is my style.
    Just these, nothing else !

Depends on the boot and the ride you are looking for. I spend about half my Waymaker (110) days on walk mode. It makes for a different ride. I still feel in total control just maybe don't push it as hard. I have also found it adds a lil extra wear on the boots but nothing too serious.
    Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
    Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
    Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100