!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

The new 2019 RVL8 skiboards are now in stock. Due to overwhelming demand please allow a few extra days for orders to be processed. Once we've caught up we'll remove this message. Thank you!
  1. #1 Tuning the Edges? 
    Skiboarder
    Boarding on groomers, using them to "ski". do you guys tune/sharpen your edges? The benefits are easier and quicker turns/stopping correct?

SBOL Team III
    There are some people here that ride with 0 degree base and side angles (RVL8 boards come stock that way), but personally I always have a 1 degree angle on the side.

On narrower boards I use a 1 base and 2 side, wider boards 0.5 base and 1.5 side.

The benefit of a more acute angle (the side being more angled than the base) is greater edge hold when carving. If you like the edges to lock in, a sharper angle is better. Some people like more skidded turns, in which case 0-0 is probably fine.

As far as sharpening, I routinely sharpen after a few trips/if I see the edges dulling, so only a couple times a season, no too many.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More than equipment and even technique, sharpe edges can be the difference between skiing on hardpack with confidence, or sliding out on every turn. I believe a good tune is vital to good skiing.
    Just these, nothing else !

Skiboarder
    I will be making sure that the edges are finely tuned. I made my way over to the black diamonds tonight for the first time EVER and fell in love.