Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1 2019 Event Schedule 
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    18
    Hi Everyone, here are the dates for the major events in 2019. More details and individual event threads to come as the season approaches. Check out the major event comparison sheet to learn more about each event and see how they compare.

    Westfest, Utah
    Riding dates: January 22 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Alta, Brighton, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude
    Event thread coming soon

    Skiboard Connection, Colorado
    Riding dates: February 4 - 8, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail
    Event thread coming soon

    Midwest Meet, Upper Michigan
    Riding dates: February 15 - 17
    Resort: Mount Bohemia
    Event thread coming soon

    Shredfest, Lake Tahoe
    Riding dates: February 24 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Sierra
    Event thread

    In case you need a reminder (click each image to view / download full size):

    Westfest





    Skiboard Connection





    Midwest Meet



    Shredfest

    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    54
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    Hi Everyone, here are the dates for the major events in 2019. More details and individual event threads to come as next season approaches.

    Westfest, Utah
    Riding dates: January 22 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Alta, Brighton, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude

    Skiboard Connection, Colorado
    Riding dates: February 4 - 8, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail

    Midwest Meet, Upper Michigan
    Riding dates: February 15 - 17
    Resort: Mount Bohemia

    Shredfest, Lake Tahoe
    Riding dates: February 24 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Sierra

    In case you need something to hold you over through the summer (click each image to view / download full size):

    Westfest





    Skiboard Connection





    Midwest Meet



    Shredfest

    So are these the epic pass resorts?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    So are these the epic pass resorts?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Many of them are, but not all. Resorts in bold/underline below are covered by the Epic Pass.

    Westfest, Utah
    Riding dates: January 22 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Alta, Brighton, Park City, Snowbird, Solitude

    Skiboard Connection, Colorado
    Riding dates: February 4 - 8, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Arapahoe Basin, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Keystone, Vail

    Midwest Meet, Upper Michigan
    Riding dates: February 15 - 17
    Resort: Mount Bohemia

    Shredfest, Lake Tahoe
    Riding dates: February 24 - 27, 2019
    Tentative resorts: Heavenly, Kirkwood, Northstar, Sierra
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Clarks Summit, PA
    Age
    51
    Posts
    1,048
    Rep Power
    7
    I think I just found my new desktop image - the little calendar with the Westfest dates highlighted are a perfect reminder!
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    SBOL Team III
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    89
    Rep Power
    2
    Alta and Snowbird are Ikon Pass access. I know not nearly as inclusive as Epic Pass but just to note it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6 Seeking opinions... 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Ukuvox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Watertown, WI
    Age
    51
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    5
    While Midwest Meet is certainly the most convenient for me (within driving distance) my skill level just isn't up to matching Mt. Bohemia's requirements. Which of the events would be most conducive to a relative beginner?
    Spruce 120's (we'll see how this goes)
    Trikke Skki
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    SBOLTeam III Rider sempai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Reno-Tahoe
    Age
    52
    Posts
    3,699
    Rep Power
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ukuvox View Post
    While Midwest Meet is certainly the most convenient for me (within driving distance) my skill level just isn't up to matching Mt. Bohemia's requirements. Which of the events would be most conducive to a relative beginner?
    Either Westfest or Shredfest. It's an older crowd with varying skill levels. We split up into two groups, one who wants to ski off piste (glades mostly), the other group cruises the grooomers. Westfest will be less expensive for lift tickets, unless you have an Epic Pass to save money on the Vail resorts in the South Lake Tahoe lineup. Lodging costs are also typically less for Westfest.

    Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

    Skis:
    2015 Blizzard Regulators
    w/Rossignol Axial3 120s

    Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

    Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    SBOLTeamIII Tom91381's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Stevenson Ranch Ca
    Age
    54
    Posts
    219
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    Either Westfest or Shredfest. It's an older crowd with varying skill levels. We split up into two groups, one who wants to ski off piste (glades mostly), the other group cruises the grooomers. Westfest will be less expensive for lift tickets, unless you have an Epic Pass to save money on the Vail resorts in the South Lake Tahoe lineup. Lodging costs are also typically less for Westfest.
    And the stuff you learn from being around those that might be better then you, that's priceless


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Bad Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona
    Age
    55
    Posts
    3,347
    Rep Power
    12
    At Westfest we usually try to lap lifts that give different routes down, then meet back up at the bottom. For the most part people get to ski the terrain they prefer, whilst we stay together as a group. We tend to break up into smaller groups around lunch as folks split off to do their own thing. Some prefer to stop to eat, some tour the groomers, whilst others seek out the gnar until the last chair. Hopefully there is something for everyone.

    The best way to learn how to ski challenging terrain, just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
    Just these, nothing else !

    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,432
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    .....just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
    This needs to be printed on the back of the RVL8 Tees for the 2018/19 season!!
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

  11. #11  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Ukuvox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Watertown, WI
    Age
    51
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    And the stuff you learn from being around those that might be better then you, that's priceless


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    And that is EXACTLY the reason I want to go!
    Spruce 120's (we'll see how this goes)
    Trikke Skki
    Reply With Quote  
     

  12. #12  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Ukuvox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Watertown, WI
    Age
    51
    Posts
    145
    Rep Power
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    The best way to learn how to ski challenging terrain, just follow people better than you and trust in your skiboards.
    Again, that's my primary motivation. There doesn't seem to be anyone around here to follow.
    Spruce 120's (we'll see how this goes)
    Trikke Skki
    Reply With Quote  
     

  13. #13  
    RVL8 FlowTeam / Skiboardmagazine.com editor Courtney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    30
    Posts
    2,062
    Rep Power
    18
    We're getting closer!

    I've started pulling together a comparison sheet with information on each major event to help make attendance a little more accessible. Some of these locations are logistically confusing or difficult if you've never been or are going alone and meeting everyone for the first time. Best viewed on a screen larger than a phone. There are a few gaps and guesses (highlighted in yellow). If you can fill in some gaps feel free to add a comment in the sheet, post the information here or send me a direct message.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  14. #14  
    Hardcore Skiboarder slow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Age
    59
    Posts
    3,422
    Rep Power
    18
    Good idea!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


    Osprey, Sherpa, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, Condor (Green), Spliff

    Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

    Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)


    Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

    Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts
    Reply With Quote  
     

  15. #15  
    Hardcore Skiboarder Wookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,432
    Rep Power
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    We're getting closer!

    I've started pulling together a comparison sheet with information on each major event to help make attendance a little more accessible. Some of these locations are logistically confusing or difficult if you've never been or are going alone and meeting everyone for the first time. Best viewed on a screen larger than a phone. There are a few gaps and guesses (highlighted in yellow). If you can fill in some gaps feel free to add a comment in the sheet, post the information here or send me a direct message.
    The link to Courtney's spreadsheet should be it's own post and "stickied" at the top of the Meet Up and Ride sub forum. This makes it easy to understand the who, when, and where of the bigger meet-ups. Nice work!!
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2018 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Espaņol