1. #1 JJ or Romp 115 - Short Skiboard-like Skis? 
    SBOL Team III
    I’ve read a lot of the old threads where short skiboard-like skis have been mentioned and am considering getting a pair for next season. I think I’ve narrowed it to the Armada JJ 165cm and the Romp 115 164cm. With a good amount of rocker in both I would think that would bring the effective edge down to a slightly longer than Sherpa level.

Does anyone have any thoughts on these or other considerations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardcore Skiboarder FightingForAir's Avatar
    I demoed many short rockered skis as I was making the transition from skiboards. I landed on the 165 cm JJs for several years. I've only recently switched out to the Magic Js - basically a bit longer and wider version of the JJ with less sidecut. I also have a pair of Icelantic Keepers I enjoy that I have set up with touring bindings and skins.

I loved, loved, loved the JJs. I could lay down wicked-fast and deep carves on the hardpack without them washing out and blast through pow and crud, no problem. The tips flap around a bit at speed, but you get used to it.

On smooth groom, the running length in contact with the snow is very short, so, to me, they really don't feel too big at all.

I've always preferred wide boards (KTPs, Sherpas) so the JJs were a natural choice for me.

Anyway.... if you are considering them, I highly recommend.
    Skis: Armada JJs, Armada Magic Js and Icelantic Keepers
    Bindings: Marker Griffon, Look Pivot
    Full Tilt Boots
    Past: Revel8 Tanshos, KTPs, Revolts, DLPs, Condors; Spruce Raptors, 120s, Sherpas