Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Skiboarder
    Hey guys thanks for coming in with all the feed back, I really appreciate it and also the offers to try out stuff. I got a few more questions i wanna throw out if y'all don't mind tho.

So do you all think that the differences between the Bows and the Ickys are like so small that it doesn't really matter what I get?

And about the DLPs, cause everyone mentioning them is kinda piquing my curiosity... Do you all think they would be a better fit for my conditions then the Icky or Bows?

I feel like the main thing I want is something a little thinner so I have a more control when I'm flying down the mountain in the hard stuff and also works in light snow since I'll still have the XLs for the days we get heavier stuff.

Last season when I was skiing sometimes it felt like I had no control those things are so wide and they slide and its hard to get the edges in, I wasn't really a fan of that. On powder tho its completely different but we aren't blessed with that too often.

Skiboarder
    FWIW, I've got a review of the DLPs here:
    https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16924

There's a bit of a compare and contrast with the Spliffs. I noticed the same width problem with them as you describe with the XLs; just too wide to get a good bite on hardpack. I like to carve rather than slarve, so the DLPs have made me really happy in that regard. I'll have them out during any snow drought for sure.

Overall, the DLPs ride a little more "old school" in my opinion (due to the lack of rocker), but they will definitely up your skills, since you need to be on top of them all the time. They really shine when pushed, though.
    CONFORMITY IS FOR COWARDS

3. #18 Trade a demo? 
    I also have ickies and have never found anything I like better for east coast crap. I'm much shorter than you but sadly not that much lighter . I'll second those offering a demo, especially if I can try your xls as I've wanted to try those for a while. I ski around pa but mostly whitetail. As soon as anything nearby opens I'll be there though. Sorry but I've never tried the crossbows. They intrigue me but the spouse acceptance factor for a quiver of boards is probably low.

Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    ...maybe it's because I'm old and tired and need the extra stability.
    Don't forget 'creaky'. ;-)
    (I wish my "old and tired" looked like yours)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    171cm/190lbs
    Current Favorites:
    RVL8 Yin/Yang Blunts, Spruce Sherpas (x2) & Ospreys, Coda custom Yetis v1 140
    Spruce Pro Primes w/Attack 13's (x 4), Bomber Elite 1
    Other boards I'm trying:
    Summit Custom Carbon 110, Dynastar Twin 85, Coda custom Yetis v2 145

Quote Originally Posted by Derny View Post

So do you all think that the differences between the Bows and the Ickys are like so small that it doesn't really matter what I get?
    They do have different characteristics, but both are great boards and you can't go wrong with either. To be honest, a lot does depend of your personal riding style and preferences, but you won't know that until you try them out

And about the DLPs, cause everyone mentioning them is kinda piquing my curiosity... Do you all think they would be a better fit for my conditions then the Icky or Bows?
    All other things being equal, yes, true camber really holds an edge on ice.

Last season when I was skiing sometimes it felt like I had no control those things are so wide and they slide and its hard to get the edges in, I wasn't really a fan of that. On powder tho its completely different but we aren't blessed with that too often.
    The XLs are flat under foot, and that can sometimes give them a "squirrely" feel on hard pack. You really have to work hard to keep them up on edge and make them track. Just saying that it may not have just been their width that made them hard to control for you, but the camber profile.
    Just these, nothing else !

Junior Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by beckyricha View Post
    I'll second those offering a demo, especially if I can try your xls as I've wanted to try those for a while. I ski around pa but mostly whitetail.
    Definitely down to meet you for that trade. Whitetail is actually the main place I go so that would be really easy for me. I got that peak pass this year tho so I plan to be all over the place hopefully though

Quote Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
    FWIW, I've got a review of the DLPs here:
    https://www.skiboardsonline.com/foru...ad.php?t=16924

There's a bit of a compare and contrast with the Spliffs. I noticed the same width problem with them as you describe with the XLs; just too wide to get a good bite on hardpack. I like to carve rather than slarve, so the DLPs have made me really happy in that regard. I'll have them out during any snow drought for sure.
    Hey that was a really good review man. Thanks for sharing it. Really making me start to consider Those Boards now actually

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    All other things being equal, yes, true camber really holds an edge on ice.
    The XLs are flat under foot, and that can sometimes give them a "squirrely" feel on hard pack. You really have to work hard to keep them up on edge and make them track. Just saying that it may not have just been their width that made them hard to control for you, but the camber profile.
    So many people suggesting those boards was really a surprise, i might end up with those over everything. But you are right about that squirrely feeling, I don't think I have the skills to deal with that just yet. I need a bit more control.