Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    My Gen X'er peers and my teenage kids want nothing to do with.
    I know plenty of Gen X'ers on Facebook. Me, my Mrs., and most of our friends on FB are Gen X. As far as the forum not being used as much, for me it's because how difficult it has become to post any media. Plus, the forum isn't what it once was. I know if I post something on FB, more people will see it. The community is larger and more active there. Greco doesn't even post here hardly anymore, but I see post from him quite often on Facebook and Instagram.

Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Moderator / Hardcore Skiboarder Greco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sempai View Post
    I know plenty of Gen X'ers on Facebook. Me, my Mrs., and most of our friends on FB are Gen X. As far as the forum not being used as much, for me it's because how difficult it has become to post any media. Plus, the forum isn't what it once was. I know if I post something on FB, more people will see it. The community is larger and more active there. Greco doesn't even post here hardly anymore, but I see post from him quite often on Facebook and Instagram.
    I read every post here. Instagram is easy to post to and it's great for quickly getting images out and bringing new people to the sport. And it also used to allow cross posts to the RVL8 Facebook page but that seems to have stopped. As you guys might know I'm doing everything myself so it's a bit difficult to be everywhere doing everything, please don't interpret my lack of posting in one place as a sign it's not important to me. As I stated earlier the media upload option needs to be fixed, I thought the workaround of using image hosting sites and linking would work but obviously it's an issue affecting participation so I'll look into getting a vbulletin expert on it.
    Last edited by Greco; 12-18-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    I read ever post here. Instagram is easy to post to and it's great for quickly getting images out and bringing new people to the sport. And it also used to allow cross posts to the RVL8 Facebook page but that seems to have stopped. As you guys might know I'm doing everything myself so it's a bit difficult to be everywhere doing everything, please don't interpret my lack of posting in one place as a sign it's not important to me. As I stated earlier the media upload option needs to be fixed, I thought the workaround of using image hosting sites and linking would work but obviously it's an issue affecting participation so I'll look into getting a vbulletin expert on it.
    Greco -- Frankly as a "Company-of-One" I don't know how you do it all. My company has an army of media people and I think they produce less social content then the one man RVL8 Machine. You and 3-4 other one man bands have kept quality skiboarding boarding gear alive which is truly appreciated. If not for you, Jeff, Doc, and others we would all be forced to recycle old boards or to settle for lower quality products.

I am not sure if skiboarding business is growing, shrinking, or a static niche. I would guess it's not the same as it's peak in the 90s and early 2000s. If there are ways, other than just buying more boards, to support RVL8 and others please let the community know. We each only have two feet and can only consume so many skiboards but most of us love to share the gospel of skiboarding and refer new customers to SBOL. Each year I see a handful of converts on new SBOL gear after I have referred them to SBOL but if there are opportunities like supporting R&D of new boards, buying RVL8 gear, and other things that can help let us know (here and on FB)
    Boards:
    2016 Spruce tuned Head Jr. Caddys - 131cm
    2013 Spruce "CTS" 120s
    2010 Spruce "Yellow/Red" 120s
    2018 Spruce "CTS" Crossbows - 115cm
    2016 RVL8 Spliffs - 109cm
    2008 RVL8 Revolt "City" - 105cm
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Icky - 104cm
    2011 Defiance Blades - 101cm

Junior Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by rickylink View Post
    Crossbows with Recepors. This is the way I ride them.

Rick ><)))°>
    how did you do that I'm trying to figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Wookie View Post
    Greco -- Frankly as a "Company-of-One" I don't know how you do it all. My company has an army of media people and I think they produce less social content then the one man RVL8 Machine. You and 3-4 other one man bands have kept quality skiboarding boarding gear alive which is truly appreciated. If not for you, Jeff, Doc, and others we would all be forced to recycle old boards or to settle for lower quality products.

I am not sure if skiboarding business is growing, shrinking, or a static niche. I would guess it's not the same as it's peak in the 90s and early 2000s. If there are ways, other than just buying more boards, to support RVL8 and others please let the community know. We each only have two feet and can only consume so many skiboards but most of us love to share the gospel of skiboarding and refer new customers to SBOL. Each year I see a handful of converts on new SBOL gear after I have referred them to SBOL but if there are opportunities like supporting R&D of new boards, buying RVL8 gear, and other things that can help let us know (here and on FB)
    Amen to you brother, well said
    I personally think the team of RVL8 riders need to include a all mountain team. The people now getting into this sport are more likely doing it throughout the mountain and not as much on rails and jumps.
    Love R&D idea. Maybe a kickstarter campaign style for what the people are wanting?
    I buy plenty of new boards to see that the business keeps from closing, it kinda irks me seeing everyone just being thrifty and buying used. Maybe a program In different regions for a meetup and product trials , have many different boards to try so they know what to buy brand new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I'm just the FNG--== ****ing new guy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    I personally think the team of RVL8 riders need to include a all mountain team. The people now getting into this sport are more likely doing it throughout the mountain and not as much on rails and jumps.
    Agreed. Park has always driven the sport, and rightly so, but the amount of recreational riders has been growing steadily over the years to the point where I think we deserve our own share of the marketing.

The conversation on FB started about what kind of media people would like to see this season.I think there is very little true third party edits of "All Mountain" skiboarding. There are lots of POV edits, bit these really don't sell or explain the sport to other people. It is worth noting that good third party edits are not easy to do. They require a lot of prep and set up to make them look good. Just randomly filming people as they ski by is fun, but not of promotional quality. The park guys have always been great at going third party, they have the mindset to set up a shot and then film it multiple times to make a great edit. At some point it would be nice to get a crew of us together with a dedicated camera person, a producer with a plan, and an editor. This is how the pro team has produced their great edits.

This is the closest i can find to what I'm talking about. It's from Canadian Bob and is several years old now.

Just these, nothing else !

Quote Originally Posted by Derny View Post
    how did you do that I'm trying to figure it out

Center mounted. 4 bolts only.
    rickylink

~ KTP ~ Revolts (mucho) ~ ALP/DLP ~ BCP ~ RC's ~ Blunt~ Blunt XL~ Spliff ~ Sticky ii~ Spruce LE /Osprey~ Crossbow ~ Bomber E2 Bindings / RVL8 Receptors
    ~ Full Tilt Boots

~ Your 1 ply guy

Big or Small I Ride them All !

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    This is the closest i can find to what I'm talking about. It's from Canadian Bob and is several years old now.

This video is what sold me on wanting to try the Condors. It's still one I'll go back and watch again and again. I wonder what ever happened to Canadian Bob. He used to post on here.

Skiboards:
    2013 Spruce Sherpas w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs w/Tyrolia Attack 13s
    2018 Spruce Crossbows w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys w/Tyrolia SX 10s

Boots:
    Salomon X-Pro 80

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, RCs, Revolts, Spliffs

Junior Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by rickylink View Post
    Center mounted. 4 bolts only.
    could I see a closer picture of the bolts and how you have that set up if you don't mind? When I try this with mine I cant get the screws to go into the board straight and it doesn't seem possible to get them in all the way without stripping out the holes on the boards

Quote Originally Posted by Tom91381 View Post
    Amen to you brother, well said
    Love R&D idea. Maybe a kickstarter campaign style for what the people are wanting?
    I buy plenty of new boards to see that the business keeps from closing, it kinda irks me seeing everyone just being thrifty and buying used. Maybe a program In different regions for a meetup and product trials , have many different boards to try so they know what to buy brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Wolf View Post
    Agreed. Park has always driven the sport, and rightly so, but the amount of recreational riders has been growing steadily over the years to the point where I think we deserve our own share of the marketing.

The conversation on FB started about what kind of media people would like to see this season.I think there is very little true third party edits of "All Mountain" skiboarding. There are lots of POV edits, bit these really don't sell or explain the sport to other people. It is worth noting that good third party edits are not easy to do. They require a lot of prep and set up to make them look good. Just randomly filming people as they ski by is fun, but not of promotional quality. The park guys have always been great at going third party, they have the mindset to set up a shot and then film it multiple times to make a great edit. At some point it would be nice to get a crew of us together with a dedicated camera person, a producer with a plan, and an editor. This is how the pro team has produced their great edits.

I'm in complete agreement. I skiboard because for me they're the best tool for the gnarliest runs the hill can throw at you. Showcasing the sport as a viable all-mountain option would be a very good thing.

I've kicked around the idea of finding a local kid who is an aspiring filmmaker to take some footage and put together an edit... I wouldn't mind paying a modest amount for a decent video. Haven't got a GoPro yet, but maybe this year.
    Make Skiboarding Sexy Again