1. #1 Envy Frame Review 
    With apologies to Envy..........

I bought a pair of Envy SKI Frames at the end of last season and decided to try them out today. I've never been 100% happy in ski boots, so am always looking for alternatives. I unpacked the frames, adjusted the straps to fit my Malamutes and set the Din and forward pressure on my bindings. The first issue is that they are heavy and bulky. There is no easy way to carry your boots, bindings, frames and skis together. You can clip the frames into the bindings, but the frames don't fold flat like a normal snowboard binding, so they are difficult to carry, difficult to get on a ski rack, difficult to fit in a top box and difficult to put in the back of your car. If you choose to carry the frames with your boots in, they are pretty heavy. Please note that this is all in comparison to my normal skiboard/binding set up. Once at the resort I realized that you really can't walk in the frames, so you have to carry the whole rig up too the slopes. Clicking in is a pain as well, as at some point you have to bend over to do up four straps on each boot, whilst standing on snow, and then click in to the bindings. It all seemed like too much effort, so I got out my Crossbows and rode those instead.

Although they may solve the issue of wearing snowboard boots on a release binding, for me, they are just too heavy, bulky and inconvenient.

So, if anyone else wants to try them, make me an offer on a pair of open box/unused Envy Frames!!

Just these, nothing else !

Hardcore Skiboarder

Interesting review. Just from reading about them, they do not seem too “functional.” If anything, I would be intrigued to try Apex boot system. Thanks for the good review

Quote Originally Posted by mvhoffman View Post
    Interesting review. Just from reading about them, they do not seem too “functional.” If anything, I would be intrigued to try Apex boot system. Thanks for the good review
    Apex, just like soft bindings, just can't catch on fire, despite constant efforts. The reality is that to achieve total control of your skis, you have to entirely encase your foot in hard plastic. All the options and products that people come up with are compromising control for comfort. There are a few folks out there who can make this compromise work for them by adapting their technique, but most of us eventually realize that soft boots just don't give us the control we want. And to be honest, many of these products are not actually that comfortable due to hot spots from the frame.
    Just these, nothing else !

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Honestly, I got fitted for my boots and I can wear them comfortably all day. I’m good with ski boots

Quote Originally Posted by mvhoffman View Post
    I don’t know where you are at but there is a “secret” place in Lakewood Colorado where they will demo you the apex boots for like $25 a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    33 down, 12 to go!