Thread: New Boards ?

1. #1 New Boards ? 
    Junior Skiboarder
    Hi All,

I'm a long time ski boarder (started out on snow blades) I currently have the 2008 KTP with soft snow boarding boot set up. Im thinking its time for a change but Im unsure on what to go for next. So my question is - what should I go for next! ha ha ha
    Im generally not a park rider, I like bombing down the mountain, and like most I guess , going through trees you know the general fun stuff that makes this sport so enjoyable. I would like to keep the soft boot setup. Would a smaller pair be more fun?
    I know this might be down to personal preference also. Ive got big feet and big boots - dont know if that makes a difference?

Happy Christmas everyone stay safe from the UK

Jamie

Would you predominantly be on soft snow or hard snow?

And, what performance parameters would you like to improve over your current set up?
    Just these, nothing else !

Junior Skiboarder
    I would think mostly on piste though I would love to be able to carve a bit of powder. The KTPs felt a bit "bogged down" when I went over to soft boot set up. That might just be me though.

I really like the Blunt Xls with the soft boot set up . Same general size as the KTP , easier to get on edge and hold on edge then the KTP with a soft boot set up , way easier to turn , and better in pow and soft variable snow , great ,performance in soft snow.but still a nice edge in firm snow . I really like the zero camber rockered boards with the soft boot set ups and for me the Blunt Xl is the best all arounder in the line up that matches with the soft boot set up . I have found that the wide bodied cambered boards like the KTP work better for me with the more rigid hard boots then with the soft boot set ups. If you want to just carve , the Stickies are nice and though cambered have rocker and carve nicely with a soft boot set up . Unfortunately however, you cannot use the rear inserts with the soft boot set up which I think really limits the Stickies in soft snow . Also the Dlp or Revolts will be quicker and easier to carve with a soft boot set up then the Ktps because they are narrower.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xls -SBOL Modified GNU Rear Entry Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors- SBOL Modified Sims Cipher Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors - Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor Binding -
    Spliffs -Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor binding
    Spruce Osprey - Center Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Ambition AT binding
    Spruce Sherpa - Rear Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Fritschi AT binding

Boots:
    Ride Insano Snowboard Boots
    Full Tilt Booters

Junior Skiboarder
    Thank you for the advice. Seems like that will be the way to go. I take it, height and weight don't have to much of an impact?
    Happy Christmas buddy.

Jamie

Quote Originally Posted by SuperJC View Post
    Thank you for the advice. Seems like that will be the way to go. I take it, height and weight don't have to much of an impact?
    Happy Christmas buddy.

Jamie
    They do, but considering you should be on 180 cm skis and are choosing to be on 100cm skiboards, riding style and conditions are probably more important
    Just these, nothing else !

I think the Blunt Xls work well in powder for a large variety of rider sizes , height and weight . I am a pretty big guy over 200 lbs and they float me suprisingly well .
    Boards :
    Blunt Xls -SBOL Modified GNU Rear Entry Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors- SBOL Modified Sims Cipher Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors - Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor Binding -
    Spliffs -Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor binding
    Spruce Osprey - Center Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Ambition AT binding
    Spruce Sherpa - Rear Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Fritschi AT binding

Boots:
    Ride Insano Snowboard Boots
    Full Tilt Booters

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJC View Post
    Hi All,

I'm a long time ski boarder (started out on snow blades) I currently have the 2008 KTP with soft snow boarding boot set up. Im thinking its time for a change but Im unsure on what to go for next. So my question is - what should I go for next! ha ha ha
    Im generally not a park rider, I like bombing down the mountain, and like most I guess , going through trees you know the general fun stuff that makes this sport so enjoyable. I would like to keep the soft boot setup. Would a smaller pair be more fun?
    I know this might be down to personal preference also. Ive got big feet and big boots - dont know if that makes a difference?

Happy Christmas everyone stay safe from the UK

Jamie
    I would stick with the KTP's if they still work! But if you really want a new toy, then maybe a newer KTP or the Revolts, also from RVL8. If you really want to have fun, then I'd go shorter like a 75 cm, (bantams from rvl8 are great). keep in mind though, that the shorter they are, the more maneuverable they'll get, with the sacrifice of stability when you're up on speed. I rode 75 for the longest time, and i've taken them to places where they don't normally go like deep powder. they'll float, but not as efficient as longer skiboards. They're amazing on groomers though. In the end, Any skiboards are fun! Just pick one and go with it

Junior Skiboarder
    Thanks for the advice good people. Got some thinking to do. Have a great new year.