!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from Feb. 20th to 22nd. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on Feb. 25th
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings or with Spruce Pro Sport bindings CAN be filled during this period.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, exactly. RC's are definitely softer than XL's and -despite the additional length- have significantly less support fore and aft. In return, they're super nimble like a 90 but with the float of a big powder ski. They're a unique ride, IMO, off in their own category and unlike anything else.

If you guys ever get a chance to ride with someone like Macrophotog, CAN or Greco who have really mastered the RC's, it's something to see.
    Curses to you, Bill. Now you've got me even more curious. I'm happy with my quiver and really don't want yet another pair of boards, but I might have to find a way to try the RCs at some point. Grr.

Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yes, exactly. RC's are definitely softer than XL's and -despite the additional length- have significantly less support fore and aft. In return, they're super nimble like a 90 but with the float of a big powder ski. They're a unique ride, IMO, off in their own category and unlike anything else.
    Bill nailed it with his description. I loved the RCs and was one of the rare few who rode them in all conditions (even ice). But in the end I sold them and kept the XLs for the additional stability. Had I not been trying to cut back on the number of boards I was hoarding, I would’ve kept the RCs too. And still miss them at times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

The Blunt XLs should give plenty of float for you. I was the one wearing the orange coat in the video and at the time I probably weighed over 230lbs and still floated just fine. Also, as the one who acquired macro's RCs I'm still not sure about them and keep finding myself back on the XLs
    Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
    Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
    Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by kyu View Post
    The Blunt XLs should give plenty of float for you. I was the one wearing the orange coat in the video and at the time I probably weighed over 230lbs and still floated just fine. Also, as the one who acquired macro's RCs I'm still not sure about them and keep finding myself back on the XLs
    nice man thanks for the tips! how deep was that snow like 3 feet? the blunts seemed to tear right through !! great job my dude!!

Skiboarder
    Cant wait!
    Skiboards :

Rvl8 Blunt XL & STicky Ickys 2019's with Spruce Riser Pro Prime Plus

Summit Carbon 99 CM with Atom FFG 12 Bindings

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

Hi All, i have been using the XLs the past two years as my go to boards. I have had the RCs sitting on the shelf. This year after 8 inches of new snow one evening i brought them back out. Man they are fun. I rode them exclusively for two weeks even in the packed groomers. This year at Westfest I rode the XLs again,but i will keep both. Once i rode the nimble RCs again the blunt XLs felt longer. At my home resort it is not as steep as we do at Westfest and the RCs handle it all well. At Westfest with the steeper groomers the XLs have a bit more edge hold.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    64 CM Bigfoots
    88 CM Blunts
    94 CM Head Big Easy (Friend loaners)
    100 CM '15 Blunt XL 2 pair
    110 CM Rockered Condors
    125 Spruce LE's
    130 CM Spruce Osprey

Quote Originally Posted by whaleform View Post
    nice man thanks for the tips! how deep was that snow like 3 feet? the blunts seemed to tear right through !! great job my dude!!
    I'm sure some of the places we hit were over 3 ft. Set up on the rear mounts the XLs do most the work for you.
    Boards: 15 Blunt XL / 13 Slapdash
    Bindings: Bomber 2 Elite / Zero Pro
    Boots: Atomic Hawx 2.0 100

Skiboarder
    well guys , had my first ride today on the Blunt XL , first time on rockered skis.. heres my experience..

skiing was on groomed east coast runs with some pockets of pretty deep powder due to the snow lately.. Naturally the XL was incredible on powder. my only comparison mind you are Summit Carbon Pro 99 cm which are decent in powder as well.
    I saw videos on guys with rockers and noticed how much slippier they are! and wow are they ever easy to turn spin with. Ive never actually slid sideways on snow like this its pretty wierd hahah but fun.. My legs felt more tired than usual because of the lack of edge i had to rely more on leg power to stabilize and turn me.. All in all i think camber is definately more enjoyable on the groomers but this was a whacky and welcome change up! its a totally different way to ski. The hockey stops were noticable better too!

Wow on the powder i literally felt like i was gliding, holy WOW! hahaha

Totally loving this , cant wait for my sticky ickys to come , i think ill enjoy them more on these groomers and save my blunt xl for the supa powda days!

rEally dont ever see myself using my carbon pros again, at least not for a while. QUality of these seem way better
    Skiboards :

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

After you have tried the Stickies you will relegate the carbons to shelving

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    Sticky Icky Icky (go to dream board)
    Most everything else over time.
    Go Android

Hardcore Skiboarder
    My legs felt more tired than usual because of the lack of edge i had to rely more on leg power to stabilize and turn me.. All in all i think camber is definately more enjoyable on the groomers but this was a whacky and welcome change up! its a totally different way to ski. The hockey stops were noticable better too!
    Your legs may be tired from working harder to stay balanced. And perhaps you are trying to carve with them on groomers like on traditional boards. Try slarving instead. I had to really change my technique on the XLs to stop "fighting" the way it needs to be ridden on groomers. They are a ton of fun once you figure them out.

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by valmorel View Post
    After you have tried the Stickies you will relegate the carbons to shelving

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
    they are next up to try! a little camber would be useful
    Skiboards :

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Fun Machine View Post
    Your legs may be tired from working harder to stay balanced. And perhaps you are trying to carve with them on groomers like on traditional boards. Try slarving instead. I had to really change my technique on the XLs to stop "fighting" the way it needs to be ridden on groomers. They are a ton of fun once you figure them out.
    yea exactly, i had to work harder to keep the board straight as it keeps kinda wobbling and sliding. I did try out several techniques carving and then just kinda side sliding, which is what you call slarving i guess, and yea it was so natural i was basically side gliding to slow down. You are right though technique is different, i noticed it for sure.

Wow cant wait to try the stickies, i like rockers but for groomers a hint of camber will be useful!
    Skiboards :

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

Hardcore Skiboarder
    However im going to be taking a trip out west soon to tackle some serious powder, including cat skiing and I know that this 99cm pure camber wont be the ideal skiboard for it. As we know rockered is key for the powders, and I decided to go full proper rocker to compliment pure camber skiboards because as great as the hybrid camber rockers sound for "all mountain" they simply wont compete properly with a proper pure camber or pure rocker.. Id rather go one way or the other depending on needs. for now.. Having said that..

Hey, how 'out west' are you getting? I'm in the Canadian Rockies... Kicking Horse. Suspect you might be going even further west for cat skiing, around Revy or the Monashees?

I'll let you try some hybrids... I love my Spliffs so much I have 3 of them instead of two. (keeps me riding while I'm getting core shots repaired). Haven't gutted my DLPs (yet)...
    CONFORMITY IS FOR COWARDS

Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeps View Post
    Hey, how 'out west' are you getting? I'm in the Canadian Rockies... Kicking Horse. Suspect you might be going even further west for cat skiing, around Revy or the Monashees?

I'll let you try some hybrids... I love my Spliffs so much I have 3 of them instead of two. (keeps me riding while I'm getting core shots repaired). Haven't gutted my DLPs (yet)...

hey man!

I was thinking Castle mountain, Kikcing horse, Red mountain thus far !

I gt a pair of XLS and Sticky Ickys now! still yet to try the stickiees but hte blunt XL was hilarious on groomers hahaha
    Skiboards :

Boots:

Alpina X-Track 70

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Good choices! Red's pretty famous, and is good when they have the snow, but I must recommend Whitewater near Nelson if you're in that area and can spare a day. Smaller vertical and less acres, but more powder, more glades, more friendly drops and a funky small-hill feel. Nelson is a pretty amazing town to stay in, too. I spent last winter in Nelson and had passes for Whitewater and Red... did 8 or 9 days at red and 30+ at Whitewater.

There are some other skiboarders in striking distance to Kicking Horse, so maybe we can do a meetup at the Horse once you get your days dialed in? I'd need it to be on a weekend.
    CONFORMITY IS FOR COWARDS