Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by ysb33r View Post
    Firstly on the Mantrax: Here is my review for some years ago - http://skiboardreview.com/category/boards/Mantrax/FR/. It is essentially beginner skiboard.

BTW have looked at the Eman range from skiboards.eu ? (They are not the same site at skiboard.cz). You will probably find the Eman Uprise a great carver for grommers - far better than the Mantrax. I remember using the Uprise in Jasna, Slovakia in seom deep snow some years. They did fairly well as long as one kept the tips up. There is also a review on the Uprise - http://skiboardreview.com/category/boards/eman/uprise/.
    Thanks yes I‘ve read your review! Reading your comparison now though really makes me think the Mantrax conpares rather lowly to the Eman Uprise. I would have preferred the Eman either way but unfortunately it doesn‘t appear to be available currently. I second guess the Mantrax as of now though.

Al said, depending on your budget you'll do very well buding some of the aforementioned Rvl8 boards or even the Spruce Crossbows.
    Funny you mentioned the Crossbows. I read up on that one coming from the Rvl8 ‚Chronic‘ thread. It does sound awesome and appears to be priced fairly competitve, especially considering the Spruce bindings one could get as a set with them. I would even consider importing them from the US as they seem to be the ideal cross between the SII and the Spliffs, however they are currentliy sold out as well lol. Does anyone know whether they‘ll become available anytime soon or will they be more likely to drop again next season?

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by cari66ean View Post
    Funny you mentioned the Crossbows. I read up on that one coming from the Rvl8 ‚Chronic‘ thread. It does sound awesome and appears to be priced fairly competitve, especially considering the Spruce bindings one could get as a set with them. I would even consider importing them from the US as they seem to be the ideal cross between the SII and the Spliffs, however they are currentliy sold out as well lol. Does anyone know whether they‘ll become available anytime soon or will they be more likely to drop again next season?
    You should read up on the main Crossbow thread as well as some of the newbie recommendation threads that mention Crossbows. If they weren't sold out for the season, I'd bet that more posters would have suggested them to you. Some of us give the edge to Crossbows over Stickies for all mountain riding, though you can't go wrong either way. You should contact Jeff @ Spruce for a definitive answer, but I would be shocked if Crossbows did not return next season. His package pricing that includes the bindings is a good deal.

Thanks yes I‘ve read your review! Reading your comparison now though really makes me think the Mantrax conpares rather lowly to the Eman Uprise. I would have preferred the Eman either way but unfortunately it doesn‘t appear to be available currently. ll lol. Does anyone know whether they‘ll become available anytime soon or will they be more likely to drop again next season?
    Well, I have this second hand pair of Emans here, which I haven't ridden for about 3 years. On one of the boards one insert is slightly off which means you just have to be careful mounting a new set of Spruce risers. However, I just checked and the Merit / Snowjam non-release bindings fitted without a problem. Well, if you are interested I could maybe be persuaded to sell them at a reasonable price and ship them to you from Spain. It will be up to you to source some bindings.
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

'15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

'14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots

Junior Skiboarder
    Well, I have this second hand pair of Emans here, which I haven't ridden for about 3 years. On one of the boards one insert is slightly off which means you just have to be careful mounting a new set of Spruce risers. However, I just checked and the Merit / Snowjam non-release bindings fitted without a problem. Well, if you are interested I could maybe be persuaded to sell them at a reasonable price and ship them to you from Spain. It will be up to you to source some bindings.
    That sounds interesting and like a good option for starters. About how much are you thinking for the Emans? And if you don't mind me asking: How did you order the Spruce boards to Spain? Did you order them directly? How much did you pay for shipping?

That sounds interesting and like a good option for starters. About how much are you thinking for the Emans? And if you don't mind me asking: How did you order the Spruce boards to Spain? Did you order them directly? How much did you pay for shipping?
    Probably €50 excluding postage to Austria. I'll send you some photos first, so you can decide.

When I lived in the UK and I ordered from SBOL or Spruce, I had to pay import VAT. It will be the same thing for you in Austria. Just make sure you always use USPS option rather than Fedex.

Nowadays when I order from the US I have it shipped straight to Andorra, rather than Spain. However, if I have to send something to Austria it is simpler for me to drive over the border to have it for from Spain.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]

'14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

Probably €50 excluding postage to Austria. I'll send you some photos first, so you can decide.

When I lived in the UK and I ordered from SBOL or Spruce, I had to pay import VAT. It will be the same thing for you in Austria. Just make sure you always use USPS option rather than Fedex.

Nowadays when I order from the US I have it shipped straight to Andorra, rather than Spain. However, if I have to send something to Austria it is simpler for me to drive over the border to have it for from Spain.

Here are the Uprises. Note that one has some top sheet damage. The bases have some scrapes, but nothing that a good service cannot fix. I have included a picture with Merit bindings attached, although they are not included.

'14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '11 Allz Elaila 94