!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

1. #1 Differences in bindings... Peak 11 to Attack 13 
    Hardcore Skiboarder
    Long story short... switched riser/binding combo

Old Set:
    Spruce Risers with Peak 11 T.H. edition bindings - Great connection to board, not one issue with performance, early release, anything. A very high performance binding - Sold to a fellow forum member. He will hopefully have as much fun with them as I did.

New to me Set:
    Spruce Risers with Attack 13 bindings - HOLY $H*T... snapping into these is ridiculous. it is possibly the most secure feeling I've ever had snapping into a binding. Performance wise, it is very similar feeling as being on non-release bindings as in the feeling of connection and response. Does not feel like there is any "lag".

Just thought I would throw my thoughts on a post. Haven't really been able to get a performance run in hard carving yet, but just riding it has an unbelievably secure feel.

I agree, I rode my Spliffs back to back one week apart in similar conditions with Spruce riser with Attack 13 in Vail and with non release zero bindings in Utah. I could not tell the difference in carving performance on firm snow. A very firm connection and different from other release bindings I have used.
    Boards :
    Blunt Xls -SBOL Modified GNU Rear Entry Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors- SBOL Modified Sims Cipher Snowboard Bindings
    Rockered Condors - Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor Binding -
    Spliffs -Backcountry modified RVL8 Receptor binding
    Spruce Osprey - Center Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Ambition AT binding
    Spruce Sherpa - Rear Mounted with Spruce Backcountry riser/ Fritschi AT binding

Boots:
    Ride Insano Snowboard Boots
    Full Tilt Booters

Founder | Spruce Longboards & Bindings jsinger's Avatar
    The Attack bindings have an variable height toe piece that is very sensitive to adjustment. If it's too tight, you won't ever get a release. There has to be 1/2 millimeter of space between the bottom of the boot sole and the binding. That's set using a shim. If the setting is too tight, the toe piece indicator may say 6.0 and the actual release value in a tester may be 11. So, you can adjust it to be a non-release binding if you want, but that's not how the binding was designed to work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by jsinger View Post
    The Attack bindings have an variable height toe piece that is very sensitive to adjustment. If it's too tight, you won't ever get a release. There has to be 1/2 millimeter of space between the bottom of the boot sole and the binding. That's set using a shim. If the setting is too tight, the toe piece indicator may say 6.0 and the actual release value in a tester may be 11. So, you can adjust it to be a non-release binding if you want, but that's not how the binding was designed to work.

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
    I made sure to pay attention to this when getting them set up last night. Tom passed the info along to me and I made sure to pay attention to it. Thank you Jeff for making all of our skiboard experiences better.

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhoffman View Post
    I made sure to pay attention to this when getting them set up last night. Tom passed the info along to me and I made sure to pay attention to it. Thank you Jeff for making all of our skiboard experiences better.
    TIP: After you lock your boot into the binding, pull back on the shin part of the boot so that the toe of the boot lifts up vertically to rest against the upper part of the toe piece of the binding and stays there, then let go. Only then should you use the 0.5mm shim to adjust the height of the toe piece. If you don't do this, you can end up with a gap much larger than 0.5mm.

Hardcore Skiboarder macrophotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mvhoffman View Post
    Long story short... switched riser/binding combo

Old Set:
    Spruce Risers with Peak 11 T.H. edition bindings - Great connection to board, not one issue with performance, early release, anything. A very high performance binding - Sold to a fellow forum member. He will hopefully have as much fun with them as I did.

New to me Set:
    Spruce Risers with Attack 13 bindings - HOLY $H*T... snapping into these is ridiculous. it is possibly the most secure feeling I've ever had snapping into a binding. Performance wise, it is very similar feeling as being on non-release bindings as in the feeling of connection and response. Does not feel like there is any "lag".

Just thought I would throw my thoughts on a post. Haven't really been able to get a performance run in hard carving yet, but just riding it has an unbelievably secure feel.
    Glad you like them - I told you they are the best!

Also glad you did the shin adjustment for proper release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Boards / Skis
    RVL8 - Blunt XL 100
    Spruce - Crossbow 115
    Head - Ethan Too 141 & 151, SuperShape i.Titan 156
    Armada - Triple J 155
    Faction - Candide 2.0 166
    (previous: RVL8 - Revolt, KTP, DLP, Blunt, Rockered Condor, and BWP. Spruce - 120 and Osprey. Head Salamander 94, Caddy 131 & 151, and Ethan Too 161. Atomic - 1:20, Access 151, and Punx III 140. Summit Invertigo, Hagan OffLimit)
    Bindings
    Tyrolia PRD 12, Spruce Pro Risers w/ Tyrolia Attack 13
    Boots
    Atomic Overload Reactor 100

Hardcore Skiboarder
    Quote Originally Posted by macrophotog View Post
    Glad you like them - I told you they are the best!

Also glad you did the shin adjustment for proper release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    As soon as I got home with them I checked and made adjustments.