!ATTENTION SHOPPERS!

SBOL will be closed from June 29th to July 28th. Orders placed during this time will be shipped on July 30th.
Note: Orders for Spruce longboards with no bindings CAN be filled during this period.

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1 Summit Skiboards - Dissapointed 
    Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    quite frankly i wish i found Rvl8 first but Summit was what i knew at first. me and my friend both got carbon pro 99 cm and boots. one of the boards was packaged horribly, and there was literally grease everywhere , broken tip on a brake , some rust on the edges.. like wtf? and to make it worse i requested to setup my boots so we can click and go and he didnt even do that.... Whilest ignoring multiple request to call us back to help us decide on another pair we wanted. Glad this happened as i quickly found RVL8 and snapped up a blunt xl and sticky icky.. Used the blunts today on east coast groomers and wow these are way better made than summit...

    Strongly recommend anyone that considers summit to take your business elsewhere, I was very unhappy with Docs sloppy job
    Skiboards :

    Rvl8 Blunt XL & STicky Ickys 2019's with Spruce Riser Pro Prime Plus

    Summit Carbon 99 CM with Atom FFG 12 Bindings

    Boots:

    Alpina X-Track 70
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Hardcore Skiboarder ysb33r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Andorra
    Age
    52
    Posts
    1,070
    Rep Power
    11
    Yes, searching this forum you'll find a number of reports of sloppy service from them.

    Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    '18 Spruce Crossbow 115 + Spruce Pro Prime risers (Tyrolia Attack 13 bindings) [goto]
    '18 Spruce Osprey 13- + Ambition bindings plate-mounted [touring]

    '15 Spruce Osprey 130 + Ambition bindings + backcountry riser [touring]
    '12 Rockered Condor 110 + Spruce Pro Sport risers

    '14 K2 Pinnacle Boots
    '10 Spruce 120 + Spruce Pro Jr risers
    '13 Eman Uprise 104 + Custom Riser & SP100 bindings
    '11 Allz Elaila 94

    Previous: Gaspo Hot Wax 84s, Mantrax 98s, Summit Nomad 99s, Salomon RS80 boots


    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Junior Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Socal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whaleform View Post
    quite frankly i wish i found Rvl8 first but Summit was what i knew at first. me and my friend both got carbon pro 99 cm and boots. one of the boards was packaged horribly, and there was literally grease everywhere , broken tip on a brake , some rust on the edges.. like wtf? and to make it worse i requested to setup my boots so we can click and go and he didnt even do that.... Whilest ignoring multiple request to call us back to help us decide on another pair we wanted. Glad this happened as i quickly found RVL8 and snapped up a blunt xl and sticky icky.. Used the blunts today on east coast groomers and wow these are way better made than summit...

    Strongly recommend anyone that considers summit to take your business elsewhere, I was very unhappy with Docs sloppy job
    What were the major differences between the carbon 99 and the rvl8’s in terms of performance?
    The carbon 99 just looks gorgeous to me.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjlao View Post
    What were the major differences between the carbon 99 and the rvl8’s in terms of performance?
    The carbon 99 just looks gorgeous to me.
    my only comparison is the blunt XL but they chip way easier, dont look as nice in person. they are also much thinner . Im also not a fan of the bindings he uses compared to this spruce system. When i try the sticky ickys next it will be true test but these rvl 8 boards just out the box look so much nicer and better made imo
    Skiboards :

    Rvl8 Blunt XL & STicky Ickys 2019's with Spruce Riser Pro Prime Plus

    Summit Carbon 99 CM with Atom FFG 12 Bindings

    Boots:

    Alpina X-Track 70
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Junior Skiboarder
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Socal
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by whaleform View Post
    my only comparison is the blunt XL but they chip way easier, dont look as nice in person. they are also much thinner . Im also not a fan of the bindings he uses compared to this spruce system. When i try the sticky ickys next it will be true test but these rvl 8 boards just out the box look so much nicer and better made imo
    There isnt much information on the specs of the carbon pro in terms of camber/rocker.

    What are they like?
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Tabs System by vbSoporte - vBulletin en Español