Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Moderator / Hardcore Skiboarder Greco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dis View Post
    The video isn't working for me. Is there another link?
    worked for me. have you tried a different browser?

Because Skiboarding Needs A Future Too!

Odd, it's working now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greco View Post
    worked for me. have you tried a different browser?
    Likewise, but I had to be patient for it to load.

132 Osprey, Custom Coda 120WT, Custom DS110, 110 Condor (Green), 109 Spliff

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Nordica N3 NXT ski boots (best so far)

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Loaners: 125LE, 105 EMP, 101 KTP, 100 Blunt XL, 98 Slapdash, 88 Blunts

Skiboarder
    Will chamfering void my warranty?

I'm not too worried about quality as it seems R8s last quite a while, and in a year I'll probably get <10 days on em, but defects are possible.

5. #20 got this right? 
    Hardcore Skiboarder Nessagirl18's Avatar
    Okay so I was reading this and I'm wondering if I understand this correctly. So if you barely file the edge of the top sheet so its no longer flush with the sidewall will prevent chipping? You only want to take off just a tiny bit correct? Now this won't damage or allow water to get underneath right? Why isn't this done with skis or snowboards? Will it make your boards last longer or is it just for cosmetic reasons? I think I understand the concept I just wanted to clear some things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nessagirl18 View Post
    Okay so I was reading this and I'm wondering if I understand this correctly. So if you barely file the edge of the top sheet so its no longer flush with the sidewall will prevent chipping? You only want to take off just a tiny bit correct? Now this won't damage or allow water to get underneath right? Why isn't this done with skis or snowboards? Will it make your boards last longer or is it just for cosmetic reasons? I think I understand the concept I just wanted to clear some things up.
    I take off the thickness of the top sheet at a 45 degree angle so the sidewall takes the dings. As long as you do not start taking sidewall off, there is no risk of water getting underneath. The chamfering helps with the cosmetics unless the ding is large enough to expose the wood core. But at that point, the chamfering did not serve its intended purpose.

Custom Twist Out duck foot bindings, Bombers (custom duck foot base plate and 3 pads), releasable S810ti on custom duck foot riser

Wife: 104 SII & 100 Blunt XL with S810ti bindings on custom "adjustable duck foot" risers

Quote Originally Posted by Nessagirl18 View Post
    I do this to all my sidewall constructed boards, and it seems to really help. It creates a more rounded edge which keeps it from catching ice, hard pack snow, or whatever. When you think about an arc's smoothness compared to a right angle, it makes sense. Doing a light filing or sanding will not expose enough to allow water in. I imagine some people are doing this with their skis and snowboards also. I think it's more of a cosmetic thing.

2015 RVL8 Blunt XLs
    2015 Spruce Sherpas
    2017 RVL8 Sticky Icky Ickys
    2013 Spruce Sherpas (2 pair)
    2012 RVL8 Rockered Condors

Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Peak 11s
    Spruce Riser w/Tyrolia Attack 13s

Salomon X-Pro 80

2016/17 Season - 32 days on the mountain

Past boards: Salomon Snowblades, Line MNPs 89 & 98 cm, Five-Os, Bullets, Jedis, Spruce 120s, LE 125s, Ospreys
    Summit 110s, Nomads, Jades, RVL8 ALPs, BWPs, KTPs, Tanshos, Rockets, DLPs, Blunts, Condors, Revolts, Spliffs

Hardcore Skiboarder Nessagirl18's Avatar
    Alright thanks

9. #24 Help? 
    Junior Skiboarder
    Hey I'm new here and I can't figure out how to look at the pictures attached to the main post and I'd really like to know how. All that happens when I click on them is I get a new tab and a blank white screen. I tried with 3 browsers nothing worked. Help? Also the video doesn't work but thats a different problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Tho1efX View Post
    Hey I'm new here and I can't figure out how to look at the pictures attached to the main post and I'd really like to know how. All that happens when I click on them is I get a new tab and a blank white screen. I tried with 3 browsers nothing worked. Help? Also the video doesn't work but thats a different problem.

I will need to dig up the original pictures and video and relink. Give me a few days to clean things up.

11. #26 @Slow 
    Junior Skiboarder
    Thank you very much. No rush, my boards wont get here till Wednesday and I cant use them till the weekend (maybe not even then).

Picture and video links editted. Should be OK now.

Greco, please delete the attached pictures (which are blank now), thanks.

13. #28 Thanks. 
    Junior Skiboarder
    Thank you very much slow. I appreciate it.

Would it be possible or desirable to include as a manufacturing / design change in the future (to put such a factory edge on the board)? I have done this to all my boards and it did seem to help (especially with beginning / first times out when more board banging happens).

Quote Originally Posted by PeteJE View Post
    Would it be possible or desirable to include as a manufacturing / design change in the future (to put such a factory edge on the board)? I have done this to all my boards and it did seem to help (especially with beginning / first times out when more board banging happens).
    It is difficult for the manufacturer to put in the chamfer in any automated method since the accummulation of manufacturing tolerances are built up from the bottom of the skiboard to the top sheet. It would most likely also be a manual process for the manufacturer and it would therefore add a lot of cost.